HUBINETTE To Pilot MOPAR DODGE CHARGER in 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MonkeySlide
    I heard that Rhys might be running the new pontiac solstice GXP (turbocharged) roadster this season.
    That was confirmed a week or two ago, on here.... but it won't be ready until Long Beach

Comment

this is shaping up to be an interesting year

2 new cars for the TOP 2

Falkens cars are sorted out...............

interesting

cant wait for long beach

Comment

Yes its definitely going to be a challenge with a BIG car. But also very exiting to see how competitive we can be.
        I got a new crew this year, Shan Carlson from Nuformz that got some sick skills from the drag industry, so he definitely knows how to get a car light.
        It’s great to see all different responses.
        Drift Ya later

Comment

I love the new charger's look - but who'd guess that i like large muscle cars

Comment

well, all i could say is wait for 2007. 2007 dodge challenger.

Comment

Originally posted by shubinette
              Yes its definitely going to be a challenge with a BIG car. But also very exiting to see how competitive we can be.
              I got a new crew this year, Shan Carlson from Nuformz that got some sick skills from the drag industry, so he definitely knows how to get a car light.
              It’s great to see all different responses.
              Drift Ya later
              sounds like you'll have your work cut out for ya, but will the charger be in the long beach formula d?

Comment

Originally posted by brainfood
                Why not you drive a car from the '70's? I love 510's so I couldnt really complain but I also really like the new mustangs the others though not really a big fan of them and they are all huge!
                it would make sense for aftermarket companies to use a CURRENT production car to make money, they wouldnt advertise their name for a prehistoric vehicle. It also open lots of room for upcoming r and d parts for that specific vehicle. If enthusiats want aftermarket parts for thier dodge charger, only mopar is the first to make them, make money of it, and increases their versatility in developing more parts.

Comment

Hey Sam,
                  What kind of transmission will you guys be using? Is this gonan be the 6 speed off the challenger? You know if we can expect to see any 6 speed from the factory Chargers anytime soon?

Comment

I didn't, I read it later but didn't feel like editing it. Czech your avatar btw, thats where i got the skyline. I think the retro styling is cool, the mid 70's killed the muscle car, its kinda like they are picking up where they left off now because everything fell apart between then and now. You can build/sell real muscle cars again with 400 ft lbs of tire smoking torque and the govornment wont kill you, and people can afford it. Seems to me like its 1972 without the Insurance/Gas issues they started having with fast cars back then. Either way, Sam is drifting a Charger next year, and thats what this thread is about.

Comment

Mike, What's up Brotha??
                      Are you coming out for the D1?
                      Anyway,geekmonster. Yes we are going to be at the long Beach event with the new car.
                      If for some reason we could not make it with the Charger I will be there with the Viper.
                      Regarding gear box. We are still building the car and have not made a final decision on that.
                      But for the D1 event it will be the Viper. Hopefully I will do better this time!!

Comment

I'm gonna try to make it, its gonna be cutting it close with the FD car, but i might bring out my old dailydriver 240 if its up to snuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters
                          I didn't, I read it later but didn't feel like editing it. Czech your avatar btw, thats where i got the skyline. I think the retro styling is cool, the mid 70's killed the muscle car, its kinda like they are picking up where they left off now because everything fell apart between then and now. You can build/sell real muscle cars again with 400 ft lbs of tire smoking torque and the govornment wont kill you, and people can afford it. Seems to me like its 1972 without the Insurance/Gas issues they started having with fast cars back then. Either way, Sam is drifting a Charger next year, and thats what this thread is about.
                          oh the avatar is supposed to be a bluebird. but yea you cant argue with 400 ft/lbs of torque bone stock. it will be interesting to see how these big things perform drifting.

Comment

Working...
                          X