D1GP Rumor Mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1GP Rumor Mill

No Taniguch, no HKS, no Orido, no yokohama, no Nomuraken, and no Ueno for this years season.

And Apexera is going under
    Last edited by my 1 88 u; 02-09-2006, 08:27 AM.

Comment

I heared Kei office is closed not sure how reliable my source is though

Comment

i heard rusty wallace retired

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters
          i heard rusty wallace retired
          zing!!

Rumors is the name of a Fleetwood Mac album not what you hear in GA about D1. That is called Gossip.

BTW Kei Office has been purchased by ORC. They did not go out of business.
          Last edited by akuma S14; 02-09-2006, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Whats D1GP?

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
              No Taniguch, no HKS, no Orido, no yokohama, no Nomuraken, and no Ueno for this years season.
              any reasons why?

Comment

Originally posted by driftex
                any reasons why?
                Politics... against a certain "king-of-drift". Had to do with XDL from what I have heard. Anyone catch Orido's "mechanical failure" in Dec. at D1?

I've heard the Taniguchi is thinking about competing in FD... ya never know.

Comment

Originally posted by akuma S14
                  zing!!

Rumors is the name of a Fleetwood Mac album not what you hear in GA about D1. That is called Gossip.

BTW Kei Office has been purchased by ORC. They did not go out of business.
                  I also heard that you will be drifting a crazy Ford F350 w/ 800whp.

Comment

Originally posted by yukio@jic-magic
                    I also heard that you will be drifting a crazy Ford F350 w/ 800whp.

No he is running a 6g72 powered mazda rx7. Or maybe a dodge stealth converted to rwd with the JDM hotness. All the details are up at Land-ho.net

Comment

there will be no hks, apexi and blitz this means that taniguchi, youichi and nomuken do not have sponsors but youichi claimed he will be drifting this season no matter what, i do not know about the others.

Comment

no herbie drift no care.

Comment

Originally posted by Drift Brick
                          Whats D1GP?
                          lol.

Comment

Originally posted by mbl88
                            but youichi claimed he will be drifting this season no matter what, i do not know about the others.
                            A little birdie told me that he bought the FD to use personally. Can't confirm though.

Comment

Hello, I hear as far as Taniguchi and Ueo ,Orido it has something to do with there paticipation at the XDL show.Also as far as all the larger companys bailing out ,I can understand why its happening ,because I would like to know how do D1 teams make money ,I dont mean in the sence of profit ,but if you look at it all the so called big $$$ teams are on a large part self supported meaning they are spending there own $$$ to compete,and then compete for what,I dont know what the purse $$$ is exactly in D1 or how all that works for them ,these are just my observations from the outside. So in short I think most of the larger budget teams can not really justify the exspense, when there is no signifigant return on investment,also remember that there is somewhat no corporate $$$$ involved in terms of backing up these teams efforts.Product sponsorships only go so far ,then you are faced with the ? of how will you continue season after season.Just my .02, all coments are welcome just keep it constructive.THANKS

Comment

Working...
                              X