ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good exhaust system for a 1990 RX7 Turbo II?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good exhaust system for a 1990 RX7 Turbo II?

What is a good exhause system for a RX7 Turbo II? The year of the car is a 1990

http://www.rx7.com/cgi-local/2catalog.cgi?cat=11
    They have some good ones. That's all I can some up with off the top of my head.

Comment

Could u tell me a good brand, that is under like $600.00

Comment

They have the A'pexi N1 exhuast on there for $519.

Comment

Thanks man!

Comment

racing beat exhaust is the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, uses Rs*R mufflers

Comment

It really depends on what you want. Do you want something semi restrictive and more subtle, or something loud and unrestricted? The racing beat turbo back is a great product to go with, its not too flashy nor loud. It does cost more then 600 dollars unfortunately.

Another exhaust system example would be like on my turbo II... I'm currently running a racing beat 3inch down pipe, to a racingbeat 3inch presilencer then 3inch custom piping to a single apex n1 muffler no cat. This is a more unrestricted approach and a louder one as well.

Also a good suggestion would be to go with the thunder fabrications 3in. downpipe. It replaces the stock presilencer and cat and the price on that is 195. Then you can add whatever piping to whatever muffler you desire. You would probably be looking at $400-500? with a setup of this nature.

I personally wouldn't buy a catback setup and keep everything above stock since im looking for the power. You'll want to open the flow from the downpipe for any gain. Keeping the stock dp, presilencer and cat would be the smog healthy approach though. If you do increase the diameter on the downpipe and everything else Just be prepared to start spending money on fuel mods, and a fuel cut deffenser because when opening that exhaust up and letting that engine flow better your gonna be boosting more then stock. With my current setup and a 3inch tid im hitting 14.5lbs. Thats 9psi more then stock so im hitting almost tripple what I should be and i have a ported wastegate. You might also consider porting your wastegate since your boost will be on the raise, but you have a series5 so your wastegate is a little larger and can evacuate the boost a little quicker then my series4 (you might not have much of an issue with creap) but porting its always a good idea if you ever have the turbo off. You dont want any spike or creep, and you definately have to keep your fuel up and keep the intake temps down... if you were to experience anything more then 11 lbs (stock intercooler is capable of 11psi) a larger ic would be a good idea . Stupid turbo cars, if you start doing one thing you have to add alot of others to compensate for it.

Theres plenty of different options out there, you just have to first chose what your looking for in the exhaust system.
              Last edited by P1STON2ROTARY; 01-26-2004, 08:44 PM.

Comment

my friend bruce nomura, www.brucenomura.com has a full turbo back racing beat exhauston his turbo II, its awsome, sounds awsome too

Comment

damn....i cant believe how high i was when i wrote that, and the fact that i wrote that blows my mind.

and yea the racing beat sounds real nice

Comment

Originally posted by P1STON2ROTARY
                    damn....i cant believe how high i was when i wrote that, and the fact that i wrote that blows my mind.

and yea the racing beat sounds real nice
                    and I cant believe you didnt hook a brotha up. and high or not your info is good thanks for the lesson

Comment

Haha yea, for sure dog.

Comment

Originally posted by P1STON2ROTARY
                        It really depends on what you want. Do you want something semi restrictive and more subtle, or something loud and unrestricted? The racing beat turbo back is a great product to go with, its not too flashy nor loud. It does cost more then 600 dollars unfortunately.

Another exhaust system example would be like on my turbo II... I'm currently running a racing beat 3inch down pipe, to a racingbeat 3inch presilencer then 3inch custom piping to a single apex n1 muffler no cat. This is a more unrestricted approach and a louder one as well.

Also a good suggestion would be to go with the thunder fabrications 3in. downpipe. It replaces the stock presilencer and cat and the price on that is 195. Then you can add whatever piping to whatever muffler you desire. You would probably be looking at $400-500? with a setup of this nature.

I personally wouldn't buy a catback setup and keep everything above stock since im looking for the power. You'll want to open the flow from the downpipe for any gain. Keeping the stock dp, presilencer and cat would be the smog healthy approach though. If you do increase the diameter on the downpipe and everything else Just be prepared to start spending money on fuel mods, and a fuel cut deffenser because when opening that exhaust up and letting that engine flow better your gonna be boosting more then stock. With my current setup and a 3inch tid im hitting 14.5lbs. Thats 9psi more then stock so im hitting almost tripple what I should be and i have a ported wastegate. You might also consider porting your wastegate since your boost will be on the raise, but you have a series5 so your wastegate is a little larger and can evacuate the boost a little quicker then my series4 (you might not have much of an issue with creap) but porting its always a good idea if you ever have the turbo off. You dont want any spike or creep, and you definately have to keep your fuel up and keep the intake temps down... if you were to experience anything more then 11 lbs (stock intercooler is capable of 11psi) a larger ic would be a good idea . Stupid turbo cars, if you start doing one thing you have to add alot of others to compensate for it.

Theres plenty of different options out there, you just have to first chose what your looking for in the exhaust system.
                        Damn! you pondered this one out! he he.. That's some good shizzt

Comment

thanks for the help

Comment

i have RB on my t2 right now..im selling them tho..i have apexi GT spec waiting to be put on ..i got a good deeal on it 425 bucks sucka!!!

Comment

Are they used? Or New?

Comment

Working...
                              X