if wieght a factor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if wieght a factor?

i got a question is wieght a factor when drifting? cause ima big guy like real big will it make and difference on me drifting at all. or should i just wangan instead?

I haven't heard of driver weight ever making much of a difference (drift). Just don't drive a Supra -_^

Edit: 1/10th of a second in drag racing. So I had to put drift in parenthesis ^_^

Comment

sorry for bad spelling

Comment

I think driver weight is about the least important... Car curb weight... is...

Comment

yey it dont matter if ima fat *Censored**Censored**Censored* yey

Comment

Of course driver weight matters.Maybe not so much in drifting but in performance it does.Say you weigh 400 lbs.You are adding 400lbs to the car therefore the car has to carry more load and ultimately making the car more sluggish.I weigh like 180, so if you were to weigh 400(just a random number, no offense) that would be 220lbs of extra weight u are towing compared to me and although the difference may be slim on the street there IS a difference,especially noticable on lets say a road course.

Comment

Yay! Im a whopping 140!!! ahhaha... Remember you can always excersise...(which is good for you in the first place). Another Idea is to remove and replace the amount of weight that your body takes up.

Comment

to tell you guys the truth, race teams look for drivers who are in the 160 ish weight range and lower. Check out the nascar guys and look at their weights. Even F1 and Cart.

Comment

i dont think weight is really a big deal

Comment

It realy isn't in drifting, because drifting is mostly driver, and you learn to drive with the weight on the car, so it's part of your style. Now, if someone plops their lard into the pass. seat, then it's gonna fck with ya.

Comment

do some more research guys and tell me again it is not.

Comment

I drive a camaro. 3200 lbs. Heavy *Censored**Censored**Censored*. My friend drives a 240, donno what it weighs, but it is a light little mofo. It should be easeir to drift the 240, but it isnt. And, I know they are both set up differently, but I believe that the majority of it is I'm used to throwin around the weight, and just loose it in the 240. Yes, it does affect ur drift, but it more just affects how you drift, than how well.

Another example, u ever seen the 2 Signal drivers, Mr. Komatsu and Mr. Bai? Bai is obviouly a little bigger than Komatsu, but have you seen them drift? They both kik *Censored**Censored**Censored*. Mr. Komatsu isn't any better due to the fact that he's skinnier.

Comment

in an amateur race, or when drifting, weight of the driver is not much of a factor. Drifting does not push the time limits of a driver as much as if you were competeting in JGTC or F1. You can corner balance the car to set the weight according to the driver. (Of course not in extreme circumstances, ie: if you weigh 250+lbs, it's going to be a problem)

But in a race where each driver is at the peak of their performance capabilty and is striving hard to get the absolute fastest lap time, then YES, weight does become a factor.

Comment

EXACTLY!

Comment

Working...
                            X