No announcement yet.

YOKOHAMA? Dropped everyone this year...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YOKOHAMA? Dropped everyone this year...

Mopar, Jasper, Pontiac, and RS-R got all drop...

Just wondering what happen.
    Last edited by PhuckDrifting; 03-23-2006, 04:21 PM.

al from what i heard yokohama isn't doing drifting anymore well at least the u.s yokohama.. might be cause of budget not sure.. but yeah they pulled out of u.s drifting. I think samual is with bridgestone, jasper is with maxxis, rsr not sure

Comment

Yokohama in Japan is still supporting their teams.

Comment

Some insight to why....

Yokohama uses Advan in Japan for drifting.

Advan is not used in America for anything other than high performance. They chose not to use it for drifting because of how Advan became viewed by the Porsche and other luxury performance guys in Japan. Those guys viewed it a a tire associated with drifting and therefore they went and bought Bridgestone or Michelin, etc. That is why though Advan tires are available in the states they never gave them for usage for drifting to American drifters.

Currently on the Yokohama line-up the tire used for drifting is no longer being made. That said, there is no current replacement that will be available this year.

No product to promote = no sponsorship of drifters.

Comment

Pretty sad considering the AD07 Neova is absolutly amazing.
          If you take a look at most of the "amature" drifting events in Japan, MANY MANY people use them in front.
          Oh well.
          Everything in America is just to make a profit.

Comment

Dang this is a shocker, what the hell will rhys be running.

Comment

this is a shocker. i thought they were going to step it up, especially with the release of the advan series. looks like team Falken rules again

Comment

what tires will rhys be running?

Comment

No more Yokohama = No more Sunisa Kim as campaign girl?

Comment

screw yokohama, their customer support sucks, i lost my first fc3s in an accident becuz of them rip s5 t2 i bought their es100s and after 3 weeks of daily driving use, the inner face wall goes boom~! i spun (this is where my life was at stake) on the freeway crashing and hitting the center divider and they refuse to take responsibility for this( i had my wheel and tire picked up and inspected by yokohama). They then, point the finger at america tire co. saying it was mounted improperly..... -_- so i go to america tire co, explain my situation and no suprise, the do the same ol shiit and vice versa. america tire co. isnt at fault because they insure the tire is balanced, properly inflated, do last minute checks to insure the safety and provide me with warranty for the tire(that was the best they could do). I then explain what america tire co. said to me and YOKOHAMA THEN blames me saying my wheel has excess chaulking all over~! very nice 2nd finger pointing btw (OF COURSE YOU DUMMBARSES, when the tire blew i was grinding metal at 70 mph on the dam freeway!) and saying that i insist on talking to WORK japan (i had work equips) -_-'' which led me to where i cant do *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about it. From that point on, i never will buy anything from yokahama. i hope this helps to any of you considering this company to buy tires. YOKOHAMA STAFF imo ripped me a new one.
                    Last edited by nasty nate 7; 03-26-2006, 08:55 PM.

Comment

what exactly were your suspension mods at the time and alignment specs?

ive had many tires fail on me. but i know that was all due to 100% user error, or it was a rental car and 80-0mph 4 wheel lockup stops b/c it was funny.

Comment

yeah i heard that Yokohama Japan supported the last D1 effort. My guest is that no ROI from last year's effort = no drifting sponsorship this year. They were very successful last in drifting but if it didn't translate into more sales then it doesn't really mean much in the end to the people justifying putting marketing dollars into the sport.

Plus at the $170+ price point on the neova, maybe they were much better suited being marketed at the porsche/bmw crowd who would be more likely to buy these tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters
                          what exactly were your suspension mods at the time and alignment specs?

ive had many tires fail on me. but i know that was all due to 100% user error, or it was a rental car and 80-0mph 4 wheel lockup stops b/c it was funny.
                          my car that time was bone stock suspension. This was also my 2nd set i was buying them

Comment

Sucks for them. I feel bad for the US Drivers who supported the brand. Im sure they have all landed new deals for the season tho.

Run FALKEN.

They support their Customers , Drivers and Car owners under their programs....and have done so for MANY years here in the US.

Comment

Funny they just sponsored my friends race progam pretty heavily and he runs.
                              Porsche Cup cars.

Comment

Working...
                              X