ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought Koguchi's 180sx had a ca18det....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Koguchi's 180sx had a ca18det....?

ok so i was jus lookin around for modifications for a ca18det...then i come up on this

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...twodrift_hold/

it says that kochui's 180sx is powered by a sr20det...but in the issue of Drifting Mag. they say it was a ca18det...both magazines say his car is pushing out only about 340hp...so the question is...

is it a ca18det or a sr20det under the hood...?

Front MID-mounted Sr20 pushing 500ps
    Last edited by MrodDrft; 01-29-2004, 07:11 PM.

Comment

i'm talking about his old red one...iono if its different or not...but yeah....i have a feeling your talking about his blue one...

Comment

yea sorry that was his GREEN one, the red one i dunno, i do know in the article it said Sr20det

Comment

Its an SR.

Comment

The drifting mag lied!

I have the mag and it says CA18det but when you actualy look at the motor it is obvious its a SR.

Comment

dont trust anything a US magazine tells u

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing some CA18DET cars on a professional level.Strong engine,too bad there isn't as many parts as easily accessible as the SR engines.

Comment

dude drifting magazine says ca18 but u can see in the pics its a sr20. unless u dont know your engines that is.

Comment

Who's Tony from Napa, what do you know about engines? If I wanted to know about grapes, you'd be the man to ask.

Peter's gettin his 20valve runnin btw. Should be done tomorow. He also spent 50 bucks on a stock Corolla seat, and realized it didn't fit in the car with the six point he got from you. Wonderful

Comment

hahaah, really? well i always had race seats...haha... dope peters car running... 20v represent....haha

Comment

isn't the red one ,the old black one? as in drift tegoku 2 or 3 or whatever vid it was?

and as far as no parts for the ca?

look up tomei ca20.

also parts here if you wanna do it yourself.

http://www.tomei-p.co.jp/_2003web-ca...ompengine.html

and just because it's cool looking

Last edited by RubHamusan; 01-30-2004, 01:41 PM.

Comment

There really are any parts, go to the NICO forums and go to the CA section and you will we what we are talking about. There are parts but they have to be ordered from japan. Most CA people are starting to make/modify parts to work with the CA.

Comment

kind of a confusing post, but anyways. i am a member of nico aswell. and i dont mind ordering parts from japan ,or australia for that matter.

i would rather wait on the good stuff.

but i have a sr so i dont have to worry about that.
                            not buy choice i would like to add. i'm not a sr fan at all.

Comment

Yes, thank you. CA all the way. I am going to have to take a look back at the drifting mag Import Racer put out because they said it was a CA but I guess I never squinted close enough at the engine to notice it wasn't. I just took it as Koguchi is one crazy guy and he had a CA in one of his cars.

Comment

Working...
                              X