SIGNAL R34 Drifting Long Beach! April 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIGNAL R34 Drifting Long Beach! April 2nd

Signal Auto at Formula D, April 1st & 2nd 2006!

Signal Auto's flagship vehicle, the 1000+ whp R34 Skyline GTR will be drifting the Streets of Long Beach during the first round of the 2006 Formula D season!

The Signal Auto R34 has been an icon among the tuning community as an ultimate tuner car. The Signal R34 Skyline has been featured in numerous magazines, magazine covers, and has competed in a wide variety of events over the last several years.

Originally designed as Signal Auto owner's Kousuke "Mad K" Kida high speed, highway battler, this vehicle ruled the highways of Osaka for many years before being transformed into a drag car in which it did the quarter mile in under 10 seconds on only STREET TIRES.

With over 1000whp on tap, this vehicle was the epitome of "all show, all go." The car was eventually tuned for circuit racing, and competed in various road racing events in Japan and in the US, most notably taking first place during the very first US "Time Attack" at Buttonwillow Raceway, shattering the record in the process. Little known was the fact that Signal Auto's monster R34 took the record and the trophy while running on only BF Goodrich street tires, while all other competitors ran R-compound racing slicks.

Mad K's R34 has undergone one more transformation...as a drift car. Conquering drag racing, and taking top road racing honors, Kousuke has his eyes set on once again on drifting. The AWD monster has been converted to RWD for this event, and will be a potent contender against the highest power vehicles campaigning in Formula D this year.

Signal Auto was one of the first companies to bring drifting to the United States by being the first Japanese tuner to exhibit and introduce drifting in the US. In 2002, Signal Auto exhbited to a small cult following of drifters in Hawaii, and the small group of enthusiasts got their first tastes of a true drift car, and the immense skill of their Japanese counterparts.

That small event in 2002 would start the wildfire as amateur video from the exhibition spread throughout the internet. In 2003 Signal Auto again would amaze the crowd at the first mainland US drift event, at Drift Showoff. The rest is history, and drifting became a mainstream term among motorsports enthusiasts worldwide. Signal Auto is back in 2006 to amaze the crowds.

who is driving?
    Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

maybe a judge like alex or who knows.. good luck this weekend ryan

Comment

hopefuly tarzan

Comment

Our Driver for the R34 is Yukinobu Okubo, who drove our S13 At last years Formula D. Also our S13 will be driven in the Long Beach event by Shiro Deura who you can see in this month's DoriTen Magazine. Thaks to all our fans for your support and we hope to see you at Long Beach!

Comment

Originally posted by SignalAutoUSA
            Our Driver for the R34 is Yukinobu Okubo, who drove our S13 At last years Formula D. Also our S13 will be driven in the Long Beach event by Shiro Deura who you can see in this month's DoriTen Magazine. Thaks to all our fans for your support and we hope to see you at Long Beach!
            thumbs up!

Comment

Wow this sounds insane. I wanted to say big ups to MAD K and his crazy cars. Komatsu and Bai heavily influenced me when I saw them drifting at our local track years back. Signal gets the utmost respect from me for raising the bar in Hawaii and showing us whats possible. I know they will be rocking Long Beach. Everyone say it with me THE MAD ROCK THE HOUSE!!!

Comment

Okubu San has amazing car control. Myself and a couple of the other guys from Modified were treated to a drift demo by Okubu San in the Signal V35 at last years NOPI Nationals. Now this wasn't just any regular demo. The only track available at the time was the BF Goodrich ride and drive test track(cones) If you have done a ride a drive event you know how tight that course is. Well Okubu San along with Ueo drifted the entire track without touching a single cone! It was amazing!!

Comment

Congratulations to all the competitors, and Sam for the well deserved trophy!

The first round was a true battle of the drivers. With Rhys and Hubinette in new cars for Atlanta, it's going to be a very interesting season!

Bony Okubo did a great job of keeping the R34 under control and was able to get into top 8. Okubo-san got very some good experience against the American drivers, and has more insight on battling the very calculating Rhys, and other top American contendors and is greatly looking forward to the next competition in Atlanta.

There was a lot of skill out there on the track this weekend, and much of the competition was a psychological battle amongst the drivers, with quite a few brake checks, fakes, and other racing tactics making the driver competition very fierce.

Signal Auto & Okubo will be stepping up their game for Atlanta, keep your eyes out for them!

Here are a couple tiny teaser videos from the event:

http://www.more-japan.com/MOV00537.MPG
                  http://www.more-japan.com/MOV00548.MPG

Comment

Great runs. I had fun yesterday in Long beach.

Comment

Some additional pictures and photos will be uploaded soon!

On a side note, Mad K instructed Okubo to try to get as close to the wall to take out a particular cone during the practice runs.

The Signal R34 got voted the fan favorite for "Meguiars Cleanest Drift" award for the best looking car, and the cleanest runs. Okubo was tearing it up all day on the practice and competition days!

Comment

Originally posted by More Japan
                        Some additional pictures and photos will be uploaded soon!

On a side note, Mad K instructed Okubo to try to get as close to the wall to take out a particular cone during the practice runs.

The Signal R34 got voted the fan favorite for "Meguiars Cleanest Drift" award for the best looking car, and the cleanest runs. Okubo was tearing it up all day on the practice and competition days!
                        Qualified number 1 for both the pre-qualifier and top 16 then took 5th place overall I'd say he must of been tearing it up. Once he gets familiar with the top boys in tandem I bet he'll take some trophies
                        Last edited by my 1 88 u; 04-04-2006, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Great angles and speed. That is one sweet drift car.

Comment

Thanks everybody for your support!

We also won the Meguairs "Cleanest Drift" award as voted on by the fans. So I guess everyone really liked seeing our GT-R Drift!

We look forward to seeing everyone at Atlanta!

Comment

I'm so glad Signal is doing drifting in FD this year, they have always been my fav team with Drifter X and XL. The first drifting I ever saw was from them (though never in person). Their 180sx was what made me buy my 240, and all there sponsors are the products I like to buy. Only thing I want to see is the Signal Auto Jackets brought to america so i can buy one.

Comment

Working...
                              X