Is this worthy for a track project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this worthy for a track project?

I found a 85 GT-S coupe with a 4ag for $400. A gentleman who autoXs with me owns it. He was planning on using it as a parts car, until he drove it. He thought it was a blast.

Its dirty, ugly, blown shocks, beat up, and straight up disgusting to look at. What perks my interest is the 4ag and the LSD. The engine runs like it was built yesterday, and the LSD has plenty of bite. I would have never guessed that a 21 year old engine would run as well as this one does. The rust spot and crinkles is my concern.

If I take delivery of this, I would like to turn it into a track car. Here are my current plans for it

Stripped interior
    seam weld everywhere possible *buddy is surgical with an arc welder*
    AC removal
    Driver seat
    bare necessity gauges *oil/water temp, RPM, gas, pressure
    shock/spring combo with eibach ground control
    roll cage
    exhaust
    ...........maybe a tow hook or summin

Thats pretty much it. A few sets of tires and I think I will be all set. The rust is my issue though. I have never dealt with it. You can see in the picture where the rust is. I am meeting with the guy in 2 days, I will take better pictures then.

I would like some insight on this. Is it even worth picking up the project, or should I look for another car.

if 400 bucks isn't a big deal to you then I think you should definately pick it up..especially if you dont plan on making it look any better..if anything I'd just take care of that rusty dent in the back..otherwise if its just an autoX toy then 400 bucks is a steal..snatch it up

Comment

im gonna try to participate in as many events as possible *autoX/club racing/drift*

Im gonna fix the dents and rust. I wanna make it pretty when its debuted. Then its open season

Comment

if the chassis / unibody is straight, then go for it! Taka's competition car has been through hell and back, and that was before he flipped it not once but twice!

dents add character

Comment

Hell yeah TJ get it so you can not worry about killing your precious S13

Comment

Working...
          X