US Equivalents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Equivalents?

can someone provide a big list of US equivalents of japanese cars, you know, like

AE86 Trueno=85-87 Corolla GTS
    Soarer= not sure the years SC300
    bla bla bla = bla bla bla

make sure to include any and all VIP cars if they have an equivalent.

This is for both my benefit and the benefit of any others who want to know this.
    Last edited by driftmunky; 02-01-2004, 10:48 AM.

sc300 = soarer
    es300 = windom
    ls430 = (new gen.) clesior
    ls400 = (older) celsior
    Last edited by MrodDrft; 01-31-2004, 10:17 PM.

Comment

US JDM

gs300/400 = aristo
      240sx coupe = ps13
      240sx fastback = rps13
      is300 = altezza
      cressida(mx83) = jzx81 chaser, mark II

when i think of more ill put it
      Last edited by MrodDrft; 01-31-2004, 10:18 PM.

Comment

fairlady z, z32/z33= 300zx/350z

Comment

I could post like WAY more like the one Nismo did but they are so obvuious i would slap u in the face if u didnt know that haha

Comment

Originally posted by MrodDrft
            US JDM

gs300/400 = aristo
            240sx coupe = ps13
            240sx fastback = rps13
            is300 = altezza
            cressida(mx83) = jzx81 chaser, mark II

when i think of more ill put it
            Except that the RPS13 comes with a sweet SR20 not a clunker KA24.
            Sometimes I wonder what they were thinking when they exported those.

Mind you , our OZ skylines back in 86-87 came with a live axle and a crappy CA20 ( a very poor relation to the CA18) , not the gorgoeous FJ20 or independent rear end.

Comment

I had a jzx81 Mark II twin turbo before when I lived in Okinawa. I'm in the US now going to school for Automotive design and wondering if I can import a Mark II since it has a US equivalent. Anybody has any advice for me?

Comment

I've never seen a cressida before, could someone show me?

now that I know of the us equivilent of the jzx's here, i MAYBE don't have to worry about importing, maybe

Comment

Well its not the EXACT replica but it shares the same chassis. Like all non Jdm cars it has a dookie engine and toned down styling.

Comment

the us 200sx (equivalent to s12/gazelle over there) also got the stupid ca20, but some also got ca18et single cam turbo and some got vg30e single cam 300zx n/a motor. but its still no comparison to mighty fj20et (why is it called ET when its DOHC? nissan was wacky back in the 80's)

Comment

I thought the sc430 was the soarer?

Comment

Originally posted by gtrken
                        Except that the RPS13 comes with a sweet SR20 not a clunker KA24.
                        Sometimes I wonder what they were thinking when they exported those.

Mind you , our OZ skylines back in 86-87 came with a live axle and a crappy CA20 ( a very poor relation to the CA18) , not the gorgoeous FJ20 or independent rear end.
                        everyone is hating on the ka24 engine, but its not really that bad of an engine, if my memory serves me then it has been with nissan for a while, and i trust their selection of the KA, but i do see that the CA and the SR are more powerfull, but i like the "truck" motor. oh well thats my oppinion, oh well.

P.S. does anyone have pics of a CA swap into a 240? just curious.

Comment

!

yes

Comment

Originally posted by WildSe7en
                            I thought the sc430 was the soarer?
                            Same body, but the soarer there has the inline 6 not the v8.

Comment

The chevette is world wide

"One of the last incarnations of the LAST RWD Chevette was the South Korean Daewoo Maepsy Da, which like ALL the iterations was built off the German Opel Kadette C (third gen)platform..
                              They were produced as Pickups,2 and 4 door Station Wagons, Vans and 2 and 4 door sedans along with our 2 and 4 door hatchbacks...
                              under the names Isuzu(Japan & USA), Holden(Australia), Vauxhall(Great Britain), Daewoo(S Korea),Opel(Argentina, Malaysia,Germany and in the USA by Buick as Opel Isuzu), Chevrolet(Brazil,Chile,Ecuador,Uraguay & USA), Pontiac(USA & Canada) and Bedford (Great Britain)"

You asked. don't bich.

Comment

Working...
                              X