No announcement yet.

350z vs. G35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no the Z doesnt look bad at all, i just think the G35 has alittle smoother lines, i think its all in the front fascia really, i like them both though

Comment

Not quite

I don't think the Z is all glory. And by no means is it leagues beyond anything else. All I know is that I took a G35 owner for a ride and he told me that the Z had a much stiffer ride and then he got scared and told me to slow down. I also realize that the right driver in a car(setup right) a fraction of the price of mine could take me up a windy road with ease. So don't judge me, listen to the facts that support my arguement.

shmately

Comment

Based on looks, I love the contours of both bodies, but there is something about both of their front-ends that bothers me a little. On the 350Z, I love the lights, but that big gaping rectangle that was cut out of the fascia makes the car look like a vacuum cleaner sucking everything in front of it up... true, this may have been the point, but i still think it looks ugly. The G35 has a more agree-able grille, but the headlights look a bit buggy... but I dont mind them that much the more I see them. Anyway, I was reading thru an old "Car and Driver" I had laying around from last October, and found something on the upcoming skyline...

Quattro and 4MATIC- Meet ATTESA:
        Infinity will begin offering an all-wheel-drive version of its hot-selling G35 sedan, fitted with Nissan's ATTESA E-TS (electronic torque split) system, in early december. Now comes word that an upcoming G35 platform mate, the Skyline GT-R, will get not only ATTESA E-TS but also a twin-turbo V6 tuned by Cosworth. Producing in the neighborhood of 480 horsepower, the new V6 features twin-turbo motor assist, a technology employed during off-boost periods, say, when idling, that temporarily turns the GT-R into a naturally aspirated car. Heres how it works: When off boost, magnetic valves open to form a bypass that redirects exhaust gas around the turbos and directly into the pre-catalysts; when on boost, the valves close and channel exhaust gas into the turbos. The net effect is a car reportedly capable of meeting strict emissions regulations around the world. Dont expect to see the GT-R, likely labeled as an Infinity, in America till 2005 or 2006

Well, I guess they must have pushed back the release date since this article was written, but still, the idea of AWD and 480 HP is very intriguing. Thank god the 280 HP limit is finally disappearing... maybe the NSX can finally get that much-needed HP boost that its chassis has been longing for since it's release.

Comment

This is stupid! 350Z, for the hardcore enthusiast. G35 for the person who wants a good performer (and better looks in my opinion) but maybe a more comfortable ride...and an all around more live withable car.

But also. They are the same damned car! One just has a little more luxo crap and some slightly softer springs and dampners. They are both equally capable, one has just been handicapped from the factory. I'm going to pull my hair out now!

Comment

Except the CEO of nissan tells us now it will indeed be a Nissan Skyline, not a ifiniti, although i wouldnt overlook the possibility of a infiniti version either.

I also dont think we will se a V8 skyline dispite some rumors of it

The fact is the manufacturers are bringing us there new sports cars because we asked for them. Thats why we now have a Evo. Nissan knows there is a HUGE existing enthusiest base for any car named Skyline, they have made bad mistakes in the past, but i dont think this will be one. They will not bring over a 400+ horse power sports car and call it anything other then Skyline GT-R

they say there gunning for the porsche 911 turbo, performance wise.. and they said it will be a "very good bargin" i cant wait..

Comment

Re: !

Originally posted by 180onthebricks.
              ggggg 35
              comeon it has brembos
              So does the 350z

350z all the way.

Comment

differences

The Z is simply a more aggresive car. As well as haveing the stronger suspension, it has the front strut and the rear strut is actually part of the frame. The underbody has an A shaped peice of metal connecting the front suspensions to the frame, there is another more of an M shape peice of steel connecting the rear suspensions to the frame as well, all welded to the frame. The G35 has the M shaped reinforcement but it is not connected to the frame in the same way. As for the brakes there the same unit from the G35, but the Z is lighter, so it stops faster.

Comment

Well if i was going to drift a G35 it wouldnt stay stock for long. i'd strip the interior take away all of the luxury crap and design a custom twin turbo set up... That would be sweet.

I guess im just going to have to weight for the Skyline

Comment

I cant afford either but im all about the Z.

Comment

g-35 all the way man me and my dad drifted one in a parking lot not that i recommend doing that.

Comment

350z...just because thats all you need to know!

Comment

G35 ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Then...............
                          350Z LATER!!!!!!
                          i haven't come across too many tuned G35's so yeah they're definitely awesome!

Comment

mos def a g35 the looks, the relation, the power, and that nice throaty sound

Comment

No offense to any g35 lovers but I figured that the 350z would win...its a more popular car...o well. No i dont hate the g35 i just like the 350 better!

Comment

Re: Re: !

Originally posted by Chas
                                So does the 350z

350z all the way.
                                The 350Z looks like it has some balls...presence..Also,it seems to be the car of choice for tuners among Japan,if that says anything about which car is better.

A true sports car only has 2 seats,that only leaves one car standing.

Comment

Working...
                                X