KEN GUSHI; NEW MUSTANG for 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KEN GUSHI; NEW MUSTANG for 2006

Ken Gushi Returns to Drifting in 2006 with an All New Toyo Tires® Ford Mustang

CYPRESS, CALIFORNIA – Drifting sensation, Ken Gushi, returns to the 2006 season with an all new Toyo Tires® Ford Mustang GT drift car. Gushi rocked the drifting world last season, scoring a historic first-ever win with a Ford Mustang GT during the third round of the Formula D Championship in Houston, Texas. Gushi ultimately finished third in the 2005 Need for Speed Formula D Championship. This effort also confirmed Toyo Tires’ commitment to the exciting sport of Drifting.

Making the Third Place Championship position even more remarkable is the fact that 2005 was a development year for the team using a pre-production Mustang GT. For 2006, the team represents an even bigger threat to drifting competitors, as it boasts a brand new 2006 Ford Mustang GT racer derived from a fully developed production chassis. In addition to several updates to the configuration of the car, the Mustang will have a bolder stance with even wider Toyo Proxes T1R™ ultra-high performance tires. The new Toyo Tires® Mustang GT will also sport a wild new red paint scheme with the introduction of BASF as a sponsor of the vehicle. According to Stan Chen, Project Manager, Toyo Tire (U.S.A.) Corporation, “Our first year with Ken Gushi as a driver has been phenomenal. As expected, he delivered a championship-contending performance, and we are confident we will be vying for the championship once again.” Look for the Toyo Tires® Ford Mustang GT at both D1 and Formula D drifting events around the country.

that was rumored on EverythingDrift and confirmed just a few days after

Comment

Are there any pics of the new car anywhere?

Comment

I've seen some concept pics... I guess it's supposed to be red or something.

Comment

Red? you dont say?
          The new Toyo Tires® Mustang GT will also sport a wild new red paint scheme with the introduction of BASF as a sponsor of the vehicle.

Comment

^lol

'06 is going to rock

Comment

car is at the paint shop now

Comment

Comment

Nice, much better than the white!

Comment

maybe its just the picture.

but it looks horrible, like somthing outta nascar.

ps.
                    tyte sponser banner in the background.

Comment

Only similar thing to nascar I see is that it's a painted car with sponsor decals driving on a track. go fig.

Comment

slap a gt wing on the back

Comment

Originally posted by soultron
                          Nice, much better than the white!
                          I totally agree.
                          Boost Up

Comment

i like it, but somethign looks a little funny.
                            i cant put my finger on it

Comment

Nice looking car!

That car was so freaking loud it was crazy, but you could tell a little that he was to me a little scared of it. Hey it was his first run in it so I would be a little too. Once he gets the hang of it he is going to kick butt!

Comment

Working...
                              X