No announcement yet.

Bridgestone, FD Atlanta (PRESS RELEASE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridgestone, FD Atlanta (PRESS RELEASE)

2006 Need for Speed™ Formula Drift Championship Series

Consistency Advances Bridgestone Drivers in Round Two

Round Two, Road Atlanta – Braselton, GA

Nashville, Tenn. (May 17, 2006) – The performance of Bridgestone’s “extreme” Potenza RE-01R tire provided impressive control for Bridgestone drivers in round two of Formula D’s Championship Series. From 2005 Formula D Champ, Rhys Millen, to first time Formula D drifter, Pierre Kleinubing; Bridgestone’s Potenza tire provided consistency across the board for all those contending.

Peaking speeds of eighty miles per hour on the backslide and with precision cornering allowing smooth transition into the horseshoe, Bridgestone riders had only favorable things to say about their tire’s performance.

“The grip of the Potenza RE-01R is unbelievable, in fact we had to make adjustments to the car to complement the tires,” said Rhys Millen, pilot of the Red Bull Pontiac GTO. “I am pleased with the consistency and performance of my Bridgestone tires and look forward to round three in Chicago.”

Locking in a second place finish last month at Formula Drift’s season opener, Rhys Millen anticipated another podium finish with the durability of his Bridgestone tires. Millen, nicknamed “Mad Skills” by the huge following of the drift fans from coast to coast, could also be described as “Mr. Consistency” for his top performances week in and week out. Rhys performed well, but was eclipsed by good friend and race winner, Tanner Foust, in the final four excluding him from a podium win. Millen pushed his car to the max, running the same set of Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R tires (including qualifying) until his final showcase in round four.

Pierre Kleinubing showed promise at Road Atlanta, his debut event in the Formula D series. His brand new RealTimeDrift Honda S2000 performed well in its maiden appearance, helping him to advance ahead of many experienced drift contenders, placing him only points away from the top sixteen.

“This is my first drift performance in this series and I am very happy to be here,” said Kleinubing. “I really enjoyed having Bridgestone on my new RealTime Honda S2000. I wasn’t expecting the intense grip the tires provided, they are awesome!” With this event under his belt, he looks certain to improve his standing in round three at Chicago Soldier Field.

“As you know, Formula D has achieved notable recognition through the performance and dedication of its drivers,” said Phil Pacsi, executive director, North American Consumer Tire Brand Marketing, BFNT. “As a supplier, Bridgestone brand tires are highly acclaimed in drifting events in Japan. We look forward to continuing this tradition of excellence in the Americas as well as cultivating our relationships with Formula D and our many talented drivers.”
Working...
X