No announcement yet.

Who's good in the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to see any of the sites of these topline drifters.
    Just seeing how we compare to you guys and if we all suck compared to the Japs who invented the sport.
    Mind you Rally guys were doing this before someone called it drifting...

Comment

Alex and the guy from jasper....... the best

Comment

Alex Phiefer is by far the best drifter in the US

Comment

You guys have named a bunch of them
          Alex
          Andy
          Calvin
          Taka
          Brian
          Benson
          Ernie

There is also

Ryan Hampton
          Diajiaro Yoshihara
          Tony Angelo (East Coast)
          Chris Forsberg (East Coast)
          Brendon Walker
          JR Gitten (East Coast)
          Ben Schwartz (East Coast)
          Tony Schultz (East Coast)

Comment

Yea theres alot of guys in Hawaii no one really knows about, as well as Diajiaro Yoshihara i foregot him. I know there is some more. Yea Benson used to suck bad but he was just starting, i always followed his site seeing how his car and skills improved, thats why i wanted to build a Sill- Eighty.. but now too many ppl have it so i think maybe im gonna get a Cressida. LOl

Comment

can some nice ppl put up the web address's with these guys vid's and stuff i would like to know more about them.

as for UK drift star's well there arn't realy any YET but drifting has only been in the uk since about 98/97 still if we can win at rallying we can win at drifting

Comment

Re: Who's good in the US?

Originally posted by shimos
                Just wondering who you people think are the best drifters in the US right now. Try to stick with actual US drivers, not Japan drivers who just came to visit the US.
                me IF I WASNT 11 DAMNED YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Brendan Walker is really good, Benson Rocks, Ernie is awesome, Ken is soo talkented for a young guy, Daijiro is very talented and a great guy along with the rest of the boys here (can't wait to drive with him in Japan!). Not to mention Taka & Hiro, two very talented corolla drivers! Ok those are my votes...

Comment

Originally posted by MrodDrft
                    He has to me a "real" drift style because he learned in Japan. You can always see the huge difference in how americans and japanese or japanese trained drivers attack a turn. Drivers from japan ive seen attack corners hard where americans (the newer ones) who have learned mostly in parking lots drift real wide and slow compared to there Japanese comrads. No offense hehe
                    Its only natural that the japanese drivers take the turns like that.Just look at Tsuchiya Keiichi and Yasuyuki Kazama.Those are drivers that crafted their skills in the touge passes.Just ask them about their learning experinces,its more than enough to make any driver,drive like that.

Comment

If you would like to learn from Alex, Andy, and Ernie. They will be starting a school in the southwest. I think they are waiting for people to express interest and they will get a date. the site for the school is:

http://members.cox.net/driftconcept

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by gundamzeta
                        i remember back when driftclub.com had a forum and there used to be this guy from hawaii posting crap about trying to drift a camaro..

this guy posted pictures of a beat-up grey camaro v6, and the drifts sucked for the most part.

i was like "camaros?.. drifting? and sucking too? what kind of ghey a$$ crap is this?!!"

now this dude is in magazines and crap, and where am I? Mr2 with no LSD, spinning out at 70 miles an hour..

life sucks.

godammit i'm driving off a cliff..
                        Hmmmm...I used to post on that forum and what not. THough I dont remember ever having my car being gray...possibly some other camaro drifter? Though I do have some pictures in various magazines (options, battle magazine, import racer, etc.) More then likely your talking about my @$$...hmmm....your another guy I wish could be down here so I could battle you.

But anyways as for best drifters...I'd say....Ross Petty, Stanford Lau, Justin Kikawa, and ofcourse Alex.
                        Last edited by REVLIMIT; 02-04-2004, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by REVLIMIT
                          Hmmmm...I used to post on that forum and what not. THough I dont remember ever having my car being gray...possibly some other camaro drifter? Though I do have some pictures in various magazines (options, battle magazine, import racer, etc.) More then likely your talking about my @$$...hmmm....your another guy I wish could be down here so I could battle you.

But anyways as for best drifters...I'd say....Ross Petty, Stanford Lau, Justin Kikawa, and ofcourse Alex.

now that I think about it. It was a white car.

why do you want to battle me?

Comment

Originally posted by REVLIMIT

are you offended? I was joking around.

Comment

Oh sorry...I get easily offended when people talk $#!+ about me, my car, or domestic drifting in general. Sometimes I can't even see it as joking around and get pissed easily O_o haha

Comment

Originally posted by Apex Killer
                                You guys have named a bunch of them
                                Alex
                                Andy
                                Calvin
                                Taka
                                Brian
                                Benson
                                Ernie

There is also

Ryan Hampton
                                Diajiaro Yoshihara
                                Tony Angelo (East Coast)
                                Chris Forsberg (East Coast)
                                Brendon Walker
                                JR Gitten (East Coast)
                                Ben Schwartz (East Coast)
                                Tony Schultz (East Coast)
                                Finally, someone mentions Chris Forsberg, this guy is amazing

Comment

Working...
                                X