X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1 GRAND PRIX GAME (JULY 06)

By Brendan Sinclair -- GameSpot
    http://videogames1.mtv.com/pages/new...php?id=6152449

sweet! the game that we demo'd at the last D1 event was way better than the japan import that was released in Japan.

big ups to Yukes and THQ for doing a good job localizing this one for the US market.

Comment

I was siked when I saw this news yesterday. Can't wait, update us with price as soon as you find out. Thanks for the news

Comment

the game is too hard >_< I play D1 2005 at home all the time, but I watched the trailer for the US, they have some weird announcer, and wtf is with the ramps?!

Comment

hey aaronconklin, whered you see the trailer for the US version? i'd like to see it. also, anyone know the release date?

Comment

lol, I need a better user name, used real name so ppl can find me eaiser...*sigh* ok the trailer was at www.gamespot.com and the date is on the title...july 6th! foo! ...^_^; yup...like I said its really hard to play...physics wise...you slide really easy...but it takes skill to control. The game uses a clutch (first car game i've seen implementing the clutch [X button]) And in the trailer there was this stupid looking stunt..ramp..thingy...that was not in my japanese version o_o and the only american car i've seen is the GTO...there should be more I guess

Comment

thanks for the link! and my bad on the release date

Comment

I have the 2005 Japanese version of this game too. It's not hard at all. If you set your cars right, you'll always have better angle than the computer. As long as you don't spin out or go off track, you really can't lose.

This game is lot of fun with the driving force pro wheel set at 900 degrees rotation. It really isn't fun if you just play it with the dualshock controller. If you have a wheel, you'll love this game.

The physics are pretty good, this isn't a game where you just countersteer and gun it. You really gotta use throttle control. I'll probably buy the U.S. version when it comes out too. The only real flaw with the game is loading time! It sucks when you're on a roll and then you have to wait for the next round to load. Messes up your groove. Hopefully that is fixed in the new release. Looks like Ross Petty, Rhys Millen, and Alex Pfeiffer are in the game.

Heres a vid of me drifting using the steering wheel. It's mixed with the video clips that you unlock in the game as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcGPORI-B0o

*yea I know, i totally missed the 1st clipping point on the Irwindale track haha

Comment

Enthusia has the clutch button too, although it's really not a drift game. The D1 game looks awesome, but what was that song?

Comment

Release date is July 18, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by tksxe_10
                      I have the 2005 Japanese version of this game too. It's not hard at all. If you set your cars right, you'll always have better angle than the computer. As long as you don't spin out or go off track, you really can't lose.

This game is lot of fun with the driving force pro wheel set at 900 degrees rotation. It really isn't fun if you just play it with the dualshock controller. If you have a wheel, you'll love this game.

The physics are pretty good, this isn't a game where you just countersteer and gun it. You really gotta use throttle control. I'll probably buy the U.S. version when it comes out too. The only real flaw with the game is loading time! It sucks when you're on a roll and then you have to wait for the next round to load. Messes up your groove. Hopefully that is fixed in the new release. Looks like Ross Petty, Rhys Millen, and Alex Pfeiffer are in the game.

Heres a vid of me drifting using the steering wheel. It's mixed with the video clips that you unlock in the game as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcGPORI-B0o

*yea I know, i totally missed the 1st clipping point on the Irwindale track haha

that was the most entertaining videogame drift video I've ever seen

Comment

yeah, the game is pretty fun, when I reviewed it I haven't played the game a long while...but I guess I just sucked at it or something I never really got far the game (never messed with setups) but its really fun with the wheel, best drfting game out

Comment

i wonder if it will be compatible with the ps2 steering wheel

Comment

The song was by Lemon Drop Kick, forgot the song name, but u can check them out at myspace.com. The game does support 900 degree mode with the dfp, and I strongly recommend it.

When the game comes out, I'll give you guys some pointers.

Comment

Working...
                            X