ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(VIDEO GAME) FAST & The FURIOUS (TRAILER)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (VIDEO GAME) FAST & The FURIOUS (TRAILER)

GAME DESCRIPTION:

Inspired by the events of Universal Pictures' upcoming film, The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift, this game will immerse players in the underground world of drift racing. Set in a world related to, yet separate from, the movie, the game features a ground breaking drift mechanic that makes drifting accessible to both beginning and veteran racing game drivers. Gameplay features revolutionary new systems like the Drift Indicator that make The Fast & The Furious the most accessible yet realistic drift game ever!

Perched at the forefront of the drift racing phenomenon, the video game combines ground breaking gameplay mechanics with unprecedented speed and authentic underground cool, positioning this game as the must-have racing title of Summer 2006.

Revolutionary Drift Model – The first game to create an authentic, drift model system that is fun and approachable for players of all skill levels. Turn on the assists and feel like a pro, or turn them off and hone your drift skills.

An entirely authentic Drift racing experience – Focusing on the “next big thing” in underground street racing this video game utilizes Universal’s extensive sound library, an incredible context based camera code, a revolutionary context based rumble system that gives players the feeling of driving city streets at break neck speeds like no other.

Total Immersion! – Immerse yourself in the world of the game. 10,000+ polygon model cars, cinematic camera angles straight from the movie, unique boss challenges, stunning visuals and over 100 JDM Tuner, Classic Muscle and Concept cars makes this the best looking, best playing racing game on PS2 and PSP.

Robust customization options - Enhance the feeling of being part of the underground street racing world. Tune your ride with a hundred licensed wheels, and over 300 body kits from real JDM companies. Tune your ride like never before from performance to appearance and for the first time on PS2 and PSP swap out your engine to truly push the limits of your vehicle.

Based on the blockbuster film franchise, The Fast and the Furious – Is a nitrous-fueled drift racing game that captures the style, speed, and attitude of the underground street racing phenomenon.

GAME SUMMARY:
    Title: The Fast and the Furious
    Genre: Action Oriented Racing
    Platforms: PS2, PSP
    # of Players: 1-2 players split screen, 1-4 online
    Developer: Eutechnyx
    Release Date: August 2006
    URL: www.namcobandaigames.com

<p>
    <embed width="320" height="281" src="http://driftingvideoclips2.com/FF_small.mov"></p>
    Please wait 1-3 minutes for this video to stream.

nice. no dissent allowed, I guess.

Comment

I wonder how the physics are...I still have yet to find a game with the right drift physics (I think GT3 came the closest, GT4 too much understeer). I hope they
      have touge areas

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
      hooray...turns out they do...kinda looks like haruna or akagi
      Last edited by AaronConklin; 06-15-2006, 12:48 PM.

Comment

your not in control unless your out of control

Comment

haha I still dont get how that makes sense, its like an oxymoron or something, and what the heck is that weird scion car that sounds like its whistling (not turbo)

looks like this
          Last edited by AaronConklin; 06-15-2006, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by techtrix
            your not in control unless your out of control
            whats funny is that the whole point of drifting is to NOT BE OUT OF CONTROL. Out of control would be spinning... the whole point is to be on the verge of control. Seems like they would have learned this stuff before they made a movie about it.

Comment

Originally posted by AaronConklin
              haha I still dont get how that makes sense, its like an oxymoron or something, and what the heck is that weird scion car that sounds like its whistling (not turbo)

looks like this
              Must have one of these
              <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nnzw_i4YmKk"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nnzw_i4YmKk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
              Last edited by DRIFTER-M; 06-15-2006, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTER-M
                whats funny is that the whole point of drifting is to NOT BE OUT OF CONTROL. Out of control would be spinning... the whole point is to be on the verge of control. Seems like they would have learned this stuff before they made a movie about it.
                Exactly! and yeah about that whistle thing, its exactly the same noise...so I guess you can equip your car with them in the game, because the supra in the begining had one that sounded like a police siren, honestly its the stupidist thing ever next to cardboard "aero kits"
                Last edited by AaronConklin; 06-15-2006, 02:55 PM.

Comment

played it at e3 i think it sucks.. haha maybe it wasn't complete but still can't beat gt3, and it makes need for speed drifting more fun haha. ten millioin thumbs down. I duno what namco is thinking. They did pretty good with battle gear 3.. hmm maybe U.S Market just stinks

maybe they let u drop in a rb in a freakin mustang and have it go in like butter haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Stannyboy
                    played it at e3 i think it sucks.. haha maybe it wasn't complete but still can't beat gt3, and it makes need for speed drifting more fun haha. ten millioin thumbs down. I duno what namco is thinking. They did pretty good with battle gear 3.. hmm maybe U.S Market just stinks

maybe they let u drop in a rb in a freakin mustang and have it go in like butter haha.

Or mabye even better, and LS1...in like any drift car....that would be great, for a while at least

Comment

that weird looking car is a Lexus LF-A

You can swap motors in this game. Not sure if LS1 is one of the motors you can swap.

Its not GT by any standards, and would be unfair to compare it to Gran Turismo. It's not a simulator, but it is fun. that first stage they had at E3 was lame, but the touge section afterwards was fun. Although I had this habit of crashing the game at E3...

Comment

hmm...that explains the whistling..those turbines or whatever...

Comment

Originally posted by AaronConklin

looks like this
                          lexus LF-A concept

http://www.tuningnews.net/news/050110/pic.php?id=01
                          Last edited by my 1 88 u; 06-15-2006, 05:05 PM.

Comment

very nice, so does it have turbines or what?

Comment

looks like a NFSU do-over. Hope the physics are good.

Comment

Working...
                              X