ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NICK HOGAN, DRIFTING For MOPAR (Video Interview)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completely agree, let the kid do his thing. I have heard from crediable sources that Nick actually does real well during practice. It is true that money can only buy so much, but also take into consideration. Practice makes perfect, with the amount of money and connections the Hogans have, if Nick practiced hard enough, he should be able to get real good at what he wants to do. According to his interview, he has had month of practice, even as far as practice every single day. If that's the case, he will have a lot of seat time by August.

Originally posted by J-Rod
    Yeah man thanks,
    Let Nick do his thing!
    I'm looking forward to it....

Comment

spoke with someone from Formula D today, they still don't have any paperwork from him, and don't plan to give him a license without him going through a formal license qualifier.

I hope they stick to their guns!

Comment

I have to say its obvious he will be good if he gets pro drivers to teach him all day every day. and he clearly got the gig from his daddys fame. but I also say good for him, at least hes having fun and maby now he will build a name for himself. Wish I was 13 with a 1000HP supra Owell, Ill just keep doing my thing and maby I will compete with him one day .

GL Hogan. This should be fun.

Comment

I could be a badass drifter too if I practiced every day for 5 months...I think Macho Man Randy Savage's son needs to step up and run the GTO, then they can *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* talk over the PA before they battle. "Be a man Hogan!"

Comment

when i talked to sam in atlanta he said he had a session with him and that he was learning pretty good and was staying humble about it. hopefully that continues.

but ive ridden with sam and that car is 1 well oiled machine. so if he cant drift a mopar prepared car, i dont know what a better platform you could learn on..........

Comment

I think its unfair to think negatively of him based on who he is or where he comes from. Just like any other person, practice makes perfect. So if he puts in the seat time, then he will be rewarded. That is all. Hahahah

Comment

Originally posted by WalkDMC
                I could be a badass drifter too if I practiced every day for 5 months...
                The tire costs for even 1 one hour practice session every day for 5 months would be astronomical.

Comment

practicing and training?
                  i through drifting was suppost to be fun, not tedious practice every day.

Comment

I dont know... I wouldnt consider drift practice "tedious". If I could "train" every day, Id be in heaven. It breaks down to you getting paid to drift.

Good luck to him. I trust Formula D to make the proper decision come licensing time... whatever that might be.

Comment

I want to know what he was practicing in.

Did Mopar give him a viper to train in?

Anyone know the details?

Comment

i think we're just jealous (i know i am). the kid has had a 1000hp car for a few years (and he's 15) he's had 2 S14s built for him, and now, before he even turned 16, he's driving and is fully sponsored by Mopar... h3ll, i'd be jealous as well, i am jealous, but that's what life dished him out, so you think he's not gonan take it?

Comment

Originally posted by yarzan
                          i think we're just jealous (i know i am). the kid has had a 1000hp car for a few years (and he's 15) he's had 2 S14s built for him, and now, before he even turned 16, he's driving and is fully sponsored by Mopar... h3ll, i'd be jealous as well, i am jealous, but that's what life dished him out, so you think he's not gonan take it?
                          Indeed I am jealous all well.......

Comment

I'd just like to see the person who would say no to a free lunch. I agree, jealousy does bring out the spite in a lot of people...however, i've always been a firm believer that you get what you want as long as you put in the work. And trust me, you wouldnt want the amount of expectation and notoriety that would likely come with being Nick Hogan...I give him more props for the fact that he has to perform under those conditions, I mean you can go to a drift day and suck and no one would care for the most part...while he's dealing with other factors.

Comment

even know im upset about it. its a great move on mopars part. for a couple reasons.

1. look at all the discusion its already brought and he hasnt even started driving yet.
                              2. this will help mopar/formula D/ drifting when this gets on his dads show (hogan knows best)

i would go as far as to bet that this wont last very long, as soon as all the hype is gone from it im sure he will be let go.

IMO i dont think he is very adimit about drifting more or less flying by the seat of his pants. he just saw drifting for the first time last year and know all of a sudden wants to do it. he hasnt been in the scene as much. and as far as i know he isnt on any forums anything liek that (not that that matters at all) but you have to have a sheer passion for something like this in order to keep with it. currently all i see that he has is a dads fat wallet that allows him to be a kid like we all were and change what he wants to do every 10 minutes.

but more power to him i look forward to seeing him drive and talking to him in the pits.

Comment

Originally posted by nxt774
                                even know im upset about it. its a great move on mopars part. for a couple reasons.

1. look at all the discusion its already brought and he hasnt even started driving yet.
                                2. this will help mopar/formula D/ drifting when this gets on his dads show (hogan knows best)

i would go as far as to bet that this wont last very long, as soon as all the hype is gone from it im sure he will be let go.

IMO i dont think he is very adimit about drifting more or less flying by the seat of his pants. he just saw drifting for the first time last year and know all of a sudden wants to do it. he hasnt been in the scene as much. and as far as i know he isnt on any forums anything liek that (not that that matters at all) but you have to have a sheer passion for something like this in order to keep with it. currently all i see that he has is a dads fat wallet that allows him to be a kid like we all were and change what he wants to do every 10 minutes.

but more power to him i look forward to seeing him drive and talking to him in the pits.

he was on ziptied if i remember correctly. hasnt been in the scene too long? ya he should attend a few more ZOMG und3rgr0und T0ug3 r4c35. if he's got the money, let him blow it, what do you care? if he wants to start drag racing next month, let him, it's not our life and we don't know what's happening in his.

Comment

Working...
                                X