ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NICK HOGAN, DRIFTING For MOPAR (Video Interview)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally think its cool that their bringing in a person that not only do alot of people know in the drifting scene (those who watch Hogan Knows Best) but also someone that has some following in Hollywood and stuff like that. This will bring more publicity to the sport and more sponsors (WWE sponsoring a car maybe?). Plus if you watch the show you see that hes not all that bad. lol

Comment

I DO remember a discussion like this a few years back, when a young punk 16 year old kid was asked to drive for Rotora... so I'm not going to say that he can't do great things if he's given the chance. But I think that for Formula D to be taken seriously, they have to stick to their guns and maintain a level of professionalism by not giving out licenses to anybody and everybody when they ask for one. They already stretched the rules once this year with Realtime, I really really hope they make Nick hold off until he attends a qualifier.

Plus, the qualifier would allow other people to see him drift in person (all 3 qualifiers this year have been open to the public to some extent) and actually vouch for his abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
        I DO remember a discussion like this a few years back, when a young punk 16 year old kid was asked to drive for Rotora... so I'm not going to say that he can't do great things if he's given the chance. But I think that for Formula D to be taken seriously, they have to stick to their guns and maintain a level of professionalism by not giving out licenses to anybody and everybody when they ask for one. They already stretched the rules once this year with Realtime, I really really hope they make Nick hold off until he attends a qualifier.

Plus, the qualifier would allow other people to see him drift in person (all 3 qualifiers this year have been open to the public to some extent) and actually vouch for his abilities.

yes i agree here. im not dissing him for is age. "gushi" was raised his entire life drifting and has a passion for it.

Nick hogan has been interested in drifting for 10 MONTHS. not to say that he wont be alright after practicing for how long he has been everyday with the swede.

it is a good thing like i said and a smart business move on mopars part his dad is famous he is a no body but its going to bring hype to the sport, national tv coverage, and with this comes no sponsors fans and oppourtunities for the rest of us. so Go mopar with your 15 year old wonder child use it while you can before he sees a rally or JGTC demo and then he may be off to do that.

Comment

He posted like 4 times on ziptied. he introduced himself and then 2 or 3 posts later on that answered a couple questions. so really NO he doesnt belong to a drifting forum.

Comment

im on here.....

ive just never posted

Comment

well if nick is reading this i just wanna say just do your thing and dont sweat the hype... we are all just jealous lol no worries man see you at the finales in cali

Comment

Originally posted by nxt774
                Nick hogan has been interested in drifting for 10 MONTHS. not to say that he wont be alright after practicing for how long he has been everyday with the swede.
                i dont understand your point here. my 1st drift event i had a car for was like what...june 04?

i think theres a lot of penis envy in this thread, but i do agree with slapshot that FD shouldnt give anyone a liscence that has no proof. if he had some videos or made some appearances at some events sure, but this "10 months seat time with sam" doesnt prove much. i do firmly beleive that even my grandma could be a awesome drifter with sam's tutoring b/c imo sam is one of the top drifters in the world (plus hes hot) but FD has done a great job with liscencing this year imo, and i dont see the problem with the realtime guys since they are the winningest team in swc or whatever, but hogan hasnt really proven anythign yet, and theres no video or anything other than word of mouth yet.

Comment

Yeah go out there and get some. But do it the way everyone else does it Qualify.

Comment

post vids, nick.

Comment

I have more posts than Nick Hogan. I am awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters
                        i dont understand your point here. my 1st drift event i had a car for was like what...june 04?

i think theres a lot of penis envy in this thread, but i do agree with slapshot that FD shouldnt give anyone a liscence that has no proof. if he had some videos or made some appearances at some events sure, but this "10 months seat time with sam" doesnt prove much. i do firmly beleive that even my grandma could be a awesome drifter with sam's tutoring b/c imo sam is one of the top drifters in the world (plus hes hot) but FD has done a great job with liscencing this year imo, and i dont see the problem with the realtime guys since they are the winningest team in swc or whatever, but hogan hasnt really proven anythign yet, and theres no video or anything other than word of mouth yet.

I think everyone is starting to miss a point here. Like it or not Nick does't have to show jack $hit to anyone of US nor does he have anything to prove to US...so asking him to post videos doesn't really make much sense other than for the sake of curiosity. None of us are making the call on if he is going to compete or not.

All he has to do is prove to Formula D (Alex P., Andy Yen, and Ken..probably Jim and Ryan too) that he has what it takes. Thats part of the appeal process right? Showing that you have reasonable experience.

50 days of drifting straight? If you added up all the amature drift events in any given state for like two years it probably wouldn't add up to that. Add that to having Sam Hubinette vouch for you and that seems pretty reasonable to me.

Something else that I think everyone is forgetting is that there may not BE anymore qualifiers with the announcement of the PRO-AM series.

So chances are hes either going to make an Appeal and go straight to Formula D or start in the PRO-AM series...and no matter where he shows up..we are all going to see what hes made of anyway.

I know everyone is in an uproar because he got what some may call "an unfair advantage" but its like its been stated earlier...if any one of us were presented with the same opprotunity...who would say no? I know I wouldn't

I think we just need to get past the initial shock of "famous rich person jumping into drifting" and just look forward to how everything is going to play out once he starts competing.

Comment

blah blah blah hes going to drift and were going to watch, we will see how it goes...can we lock this thread now?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters
                            if he had some videos or made some appearances at some events sure, but this "10 months seat time with sam" doesnt prove much. i do firmly beleive that even my grandma could be a awesome drifter with sam's tutoring b/c imo sam is one of the top drifters in the world (plus hes hot) but FD has done a great job with liscencing this year imo, and i dont see the problem with the realtime guys since they are the winningest team in swc or whatever, but hogan hasnt really proven anythign yet, and theres no video or anything other than word of mouth yet.
                            I don't even want to see videos. I don't care about seat time. I don't care if he's the best drifter on the planet. If he really is, then show up at the next license 'tryout' event and prove it the same way everybody else has to.

just because he has money and has a name, he shouldn't be treated differently. there were almost 100 people who tried out this year at the 3 events, and was it 11 of them who got some sort of license? of those 11, only 3 have championship points (and props to Bill Sherman, Ryan Tuerck, and Hiromi Kajikuma for proving that it can be done!) There's more than 50 drivers in the series as it is. He can wait his turn to play with the big boys, as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Totally embarassing...sorry Nick, these are your new friends. Some welcome eh?
                              Good luck in your season...I'll try to get my *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* together and see you out there...maybe we'll do an interview for drifting.com, address all the hype, give people some perspective. Let me know, i'll set it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Hogan
                                im on here.....

ive just never posted

LOL been registered on here for 10 months and never made a single post. not a question, not a hello, not thats a nice car, not a cool video. nothing

seems like he is pretty interested eh?

im fine with him driving but and i agree with mopar and their decision its a very smart move. as far as the formula D thing and everything else if ti happens its *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored*.

i just cant wait to see a wrecked viper. mmmmmm twisted viper metal.
                                or for all this hype and then he not qualify that would be funny to. im done with this thread. peace out

p.s. nick nothing against you i like your supra i think you and your dad know your *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about them. you probably will be cool to meet but your not going to get much love if formula D just gives you a liscnes. this is a sport alot of people put blood sweat and tears into. like while learning you wreck the only car you have. then you bum rides. and are not going to appreciate the sactioning body just throwing you a liscense and pissing on them form it. so you have been training with sam (great guy awesome driver) why dont you do the grown up thing and say to FD hey no thanks i dont want a hand out mopar already gave me one of those. i want to earn may liscense and the right to compete in this sport the honest way (based off my abilites)
                                i belive that would be the best thing to do for all parties and it will earn you the respect as a driver in which i know you are wanting.

the end of my rant
                                good day
                                josh

Comment

Working...
                                X