Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1GP (DRIVERS LIST Las Vegas [JULY 14-15] Probable List

June 29, 2006

Entry list for D1 Drift Grand Prix at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway;
    July 14-15 event features D1, NHRA Sport Compacts, Extreme Autofest

D1 USA team:
    Vaughn Gittin Jr. (Annapolis, Md.)
    Rod Millen (Tustin, Calif.)
    Hiro Sumida
    Chris Forsberg (Long Beach, CA)
    Ken Gushi (Okinawa, Japan; resides Calif.)
    Ernie Fixmer (California)
    Rhys Millen (San Juan Capistrano, Calif.)
    Robbie Nishida
    Daijiro Yoshihara
    Tanner Foust (San Juan Capistrano, California)
    Alex Pfeiffer (California)
    Calvin Wan (California)
    Ryan Hampton (Chandler,AZ) Update

D1 Japan team:
    Yasuyuki Kazama* (Nagano, Japan)
    Ken Nomura (Fukuoku, Japan)
    Toshiki Yoshioka (Hiroshima, Japan)
    Tatsuya Sakuma (Miyagi, Japan)
    Atsushi Kuroi (Osaka, Japan)
    Kazuhiro Tanaka (Japan)
    Hideo Hiraoka (Tochigi, Japan)
    Takahiro Ueno (Kanagawa, Japan)
    Tetsuya Hibino (Aichi, Japan)
    Kouichi Yamashita (Kanagawa, Japan)
    Kensaku Komoro (Japan)
    Naoto Suenaga (Kagoshima, Japan)
    Samurai Drift (Saitama, Japan)

*Winner of event No. 1, March 4, Irwindale (Calif.) Speedway.

Current D1 points (after one event):
    1. Yasuyuki Kazama – 20
    2. Nobushige Kumakubo – 18
    3. Kazuhiro Tanaka – 16
    4. Samuel Hubinette – 14
    5. Masao Kawabata – 12
    6. Ken Nomura – 10
    7. Tatsuya Sakuma – 8
    8. Takahiro Ueno – 6
    9. Toshiki Yoshicka – 4
    10. Vaughn Gittin – 2

Very cool to hold D1 in LV! I still wish they would add Infenion to the mix, all well T_T

Comment

they need to come to the eastcoast/southeast

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
        they need to come to the eastcoast/southeast
        that would be good as well, but alot of work...they should get a D1 USA points series like 5 USA venues in a series thats seperate from the Japanese D1, even though we have Formula D, well....I really dont know.......*sigh*

Comment

i will be there

Comment

gah... I wanna go.

Comment

it's going to be HOT as HELL!!!!!
              cars will be over heating, little japanese drivers will be passing out!

I wonder if alot of people are going ????

Comment

whoa, wait a second... no sam or taka?! no kumakubo, Ueo, or immamura

and we already know that taniguchi and orido are 'mia' from drifting... I guess it's time to root for Ueno again
                Last edited by Slapshotnerd; 06-29-2006, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Who is Kensaku Komoro? All I can figure out is that he drives an AE86. Anyone have any pix/info on him?

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                    whoa, wait a second... no sam or taka?! no kumakubo, Ueo, or immamura

and we already know that taniguchi and orido are 'mia' from drifting... I guess it's time to root for Ueno again
                    taken from www.driftworks.co.uk

Originally posted by KingofEurope

TOYO KING OF EUROPE DRIFT Series Round 3 : 15th July 2006 : Alastaro / Finland

TOYO KING OF EUROPE DRIFT Series Round 4 : 16th July 2006 : Vasteras / Sweden

DRIFT WITH SAMUEL HUBINETTE!!!

Leading driver of the Formula D drift series and also one of the main stunt drivers in the new film Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift, is Samuel Hubinette.

Samuel will take part of both events, and travel together with the drift teams on the ferry between Finland to Sweden. He will be also within the jury for the King of Europe competition. as our honored guest. Samuel will also drive some cars, and if anybody feels he would like to see his or hers cars driven by Samuel, it might be arranged.

Round 3 : Finland / Alastaro : 15th July. After Eastern Europe, King of Europe is going in the Nordic countries where the drift is also growing fast and the drifters are skilled. We offer you a unique week-end with 2 rounds of King of Europe in 2 countries! First the Finnish event, is a one day event. We will have to leave Alastaro racetrack around 7pm to drive to the ferry to Sweden which leaves at 9pm. We will travel together with other drift teams from Finland on the same ferry.

Round 4 : Sweden / Vasteras : 16th July. We will arrive to Sweden early sunday morning and after a one hour drive arrive to the Vasteras racetrack at approx. 9.00. Sweden event is a 2 days event. Sunday is reserved for Drifting. The timeschedule for drifting is from 9am to 6pm then we can all travelling home through Sweden, Denmark and Germany. This will be an exciting week-end for all drifters !

SPECIAL FERRY PRICE (1car + trailer) from Finland to Sweden (both ways) : 400euros

Contact us before end of the week if you want to take part to Round 3 & 4 : Ferry Booking has to be made urgently!!!!

Comment

Any update on the drivers list? This event is this weekend!

Comment

Anyone going? if so email me at totoro001@driftcentral.com .. we're getting a group together to go hang our

Comment

A vegas local here.

I'll be regretfully missing this event. but if there's anything going on post 1AM... Let me know.

If not, go to the sonic across from Palms for a little impromptu hard parking

Comment

Komoro is TEARING it up in his lavender corolla!! he looks the best in practice so far!!

Kumakubo is in the GDB (tanaka's car, without the radiator ducts), Tanaka is in the R33, and Suenaga is in the 180 truck.

Today is going to be a GREAT day of racing!

Comment

what's the results

Comment

Working...
                              X