X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: -breaths out-

Originally posted by EvilEwok
    Redtop was the S13 engine and some of the S14s, the zenki I think, the kouki were the start of the blacktops. Also the 90 180sx had a redtop
    So wrong again:

S14 chassis's SR20DET all have the black valve cover. The rear of the cover is sloped down.

The '90 180SX still has the CA18DET.

Comment

• Re: hm

Alright, to lay the lines the american version was the 240, there never really was a 240 in japan, its always been Silvia, in the late 80s there were two 240sx models, the fast back, and the 2dr sedan. In japan, the fastback was known as the 180sx. As in the name it was powered by a 1.8l known as the ca18det. Now, the other model (2dr sedan) was the S13 Silvia. Which was powered by an early version of the sr20det. After that came the next model in the 240 in america, which were the S14 Kouki, and Zenki Silvias in japan. Up until 98 in america they produced these, and in japan it was 1.99 I think (right when they released the GT-R as well) they released the S15 silvia. Which was powered by the ultimate blacktop sr20det with a 6spd tranny. Koguchi's 180sx right now is an sr20det, if you dont believe me go pick up a July Issue of Sport Compact Car where they have the stats on both koguchis sr20det 180 and Mr. Yamaotos Toyota JZX100 Chaser which runs a 2jz .
      Koguchi has like 8 180SXs... if you really know what he has... The one that's here has always been SR20DET since it's a RPS13.

As for the Skyline GT-R. You really don't know your nissans. The OG GT-R was in the '60s.

The BNR32 GT-R was in 1990. The BCNR33 GT-R was in 1995. The BNR34 GT-R was in 1999. You made it sound like the R34 generation was the only GT-R.

Comment

• Re: Hm

They could be stiffer I guess, just from the thought of the S13 being a first examination of the silvia line. Nissan could have implemented a softer ride in the S14 thinking that the larger frame compared to the S13 would have to go along with different setups.

As for looks I like the S14 Kouki more than the Zenki (zenki = R33 headlight look, first series). But the 180sx just caters more to me. I like Fastbacks and hatchs instead of trunkys.

Nope, the S14's chassis is definetly stiffer than the S13's chassis. The S15's chassis is the stiffest of them all.

You are mistaking softer suspension tuning on the S14 to be softer chassis... Wrong. Newbie mistake.

Comment

• Re: Re: Hm

Originally posted by '97 S14 SE Turb
          Nope, the S14's chassis is definetly stiffer than the S13's chassis. The S15's chassis is the stiffest of them all.

You are mistaking softer suspension tuning on the S14 to be softer chassis... Wrong. Newbie mistake.
          the Stock S14 pulls more G's on the skidpad than an S13.

the S14 was supposed to be aimed towards an older crowd while the 180sx, which was still in production, was for the japanese youth. This explains it's softer suspension, asthetics and overall design.

Comment

• Very old thread with some mixed up and some good info. So im locking it.

Comment

Working...
            X