HOW TO DRIFT (BOOK) 128 Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drift book in stores September

Yup, that's the actual cover. Cartech tells me it will be available pretty much wherever books are sold. So far I have seen it posted on Amazon.com and they are accepting pre-orders. Anyone who wants to get their copy in a store can go to their local Barnes & Noble, Borders or wherever and look in either the car/automotive section or the sports section--I have found books on racing in both and I am sure they will have issues with where to put this one!

Comment

any chance of it coming into australia??

i know of a few people who could benifit from this book. especially all of the people that have never heard of drifting or how it is done. (i get sick of trying to explain it in less than 1000 words )

Comment

Originally posted by RxDrift
        any chance of it coming into australia??

i know of a few people who could benifit from this book. especially all of the people that have never heard of drifting or how it is done. (i get sick of trying to explain it in less than 1000 words )
        Ebay. Theres always Ebay.

Comment

New Book Out Now - Drifting Sideways From Japan To America

DRIFTING
          SIDEWAYS FROM JAPAN TO AMERICA
          By Antonio Alvendia
          Publication date: OUT NOW!
          ISBN: 0-7603-2417-4, £12.99, Hardback

Dreamed up by drivers trying to outdo each other on the mountain passes of Japan, 'drifting' is the art of taking bends with lots of opposite steering lock. Wired described it as: "The fishtailing ballet of burning rubber." Drifting has made it to the United States in a big way and is growing in popularity in the UK.

What began as a new kind of daredevil driving among teenagers, has become a sanctioned sport in the USA, also making its way into video games and magazines, anime and the Internet.

Drifting tells the story of drifting from its arrival on the West Coast to its emergence as the hottest form of motor sport in the United States. Author, Antonio Alvendia, begins by succinctly explains what drifting is – setting the stage for the thrilling automotive drama that then unfolds. A dramatic visual record of the sport in America, the book also profiles the people, teams, techniques, web sites, publications, videos and trends that have made drifting the phenomenon that it is today.

Antonio Alvendia is a freelance photographer living in California who is a lifelong Japanese car enthusiast and became involved in drifting from its introduction to the United States. He currently serves as the emcee for events held by the professional drifting series, Formula D.

Drifting is the hottest form of motor sport among young• car enthusiasts, with its own culture, stars, and style of modified cars.

• This is the first book about drifting to be published in the English-speaking world, and is written by someone who has been involved in the sport since it first arrived in the United States.

• With 400 photographs, this book is a remarkably illustrative description of a visually spectacular sport. It is written in an easily-read, matter-of-fact style and describes the people, places and events which have fostered the popularity of drifting in the United States.

Motorbooks is an imprint of MBI Publishing Company, its titles are available from all good bookstores, wholesalers or order direct from Grantham Book Services on Tel: 01476 541080

Comment

RxDrift asked if the book will be available in Austrailia. I'd
            appreciate it if you could please make a post in the thread and let
            him know that YES, the book will be available in Australia. Our
            official distributor in Australia is Brooklands Books Australia:

http://www.brooklands-books.com

They carry all of our SA Design titles. You should be able to order
            the book from their website or any bookstore in Australia that carries
            Brooklands books. Of course, you could always purchase the book from
            Amazon or our website, but international shipping rates would apply.

Comment

thanks for that

Comment

Originally posted by RxDrift
                thanks for that

No problem. My parents actually live down on the Gold Coast. Saw it listed as where you live.

Comment

How To Drift Blog

How's it going everyone? This is Paul Morton, the author of How To Drift: The Art of Oversteer. I have setup a Blog to compliment my book where I will be making various posts to expand upon what I wrote.

What I have found is that there is a lot of horrible, Blogs and Web-sites out there with completely incorrect info on Drifting--and most of these come up really early in the search for Drifting, How to Drift, and other similar searches.

Well, I'm tired of it. I am going to start calling these people out--line for line. Check it out, and please join in! I want to stop (or at least minimize) all the know-it-all arm-chair Drifters out there.

See it all unfold at www.howtodrift.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                  X