SLIDE AMERICA (TOUR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLIDE AMERICA (TOUR)

I know a good number of people on this board have heard about this project through various information sources but we wanted to go ahead and make an official announcement about the tour.

The logistics are in the process of being finalized, but everything is coming along better than expected. We will be kicking things off July 21st on the east coast, and making our way west over a span of 30 days. We currently have 18 cities slated for shooting. We will be posting the final tour schedule by the end of this week. We are in the process of closing ends with certain shops and people in each city.

The aim of this project is really to focus on the grassroots level of drifting in America. There are people all over this nation that put everything they have into this sport... people who are working overtime to buy their own tires... people who are drifting because they truly love it. That's the sort of basis we're looking to uncover with this tour. Ever since Joey Redmond and I set forth with this project we have been extremely excited, and ready to tackle America.

If you need any additional information about tour dates and things, send us an e-mail through the website, and we will get back with you. We still have a few cities we could use help in and would definitely love some guest appearances & interviews with pro drifters.

Joey will be out in Sonoma next weekend for round 4 of Formula Drift... if you see him, don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Check us out and add us on MySpace!
    www.slideamerica.com
    myspace.com/slideamerica.com

sounds cool, but you didn't design that flyer andy, that disappoints me : (

it looks nothing like your design styler.

on the upside, we will put on a show for you when you come through texas, and your crew can crash at my place if you need to if you pass through san antonio. we also have a full shop if you need to fix anything.

Comment

I'm there for the SoCal leg

Comment

Is this an event that people in the area can enter and slide around too?

Comment

Originally posted by aaronlosey
          sounds cool, but you didn't design that flyer andy, that disappoints me : (

it looks nothing like your design styler.

on the upside, we will put on a show for you when you come through texas, and your crew can crash at my place if you need to if you pass through san antonio. we also have a full shop if you need to fix anything.
          Hahaha... I did design the poster, logo, and website. I started out in my usual crazed fashion... but there was something about this look that felt right to me. The final artwork may very well change, but for now, this is the sort if look we're running with.

It's looking like Texas is going to absolutely insane! We can't wait to meet up with ya'll. I'm not bringing my car with me, because I want to focus on shooting. I know if I have my car in each city, all I'll want to do is drive!

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
          I'm there for the SoCal leg
          See you there, killa!!! I have a feeling SoCal is going to be WILD.

Originally posted by 240silvia
          Is this an event that people in the area can enter and slide around too?
          This tour isn't a series of it's own drift events, however - we are trying to base the schedule around grassroots events that are happening across the country as we make our way west. So to answer your question... depending on your location, there very well may be an event you can enter - it would be an event like a Drift Fury, Shift-Lock, DriftFest, DriftDay, or other grassroots event.

In cities where there won't happen to be events... we are coordinating a meet, so that we can meet up with the locals for interviews and such.

Comment

yall comin VA?? if so i'll deff. try and be there

Comment

we are putting together a meet in DC area.

Comment

If you pass through PA, you should attend one of the Beaverun events. Some info can be found here: Beaverun drifting The beaverun track is located near Pittsburgh, PA and the drift events are done in the large skid pad area. If you want to see some pics to get an idea of how it is up here, here is a link to some pics from the last event: Beaverun round 2

Comment

Originally posted by sweetcarz02
                  we are putting together a meet in DC area.
                  Yes, as Joey said... we will definitely making a stop in the VA/DC area. Syn and Sande over at Drift411.com are going to help us coordinate a meet, so we'll see you out there!!!

Originally posted by FC3slider88
                  If you pass through PA, you should attend one of the Beaverun events. Some info can be found here: Beaverun drifting The beaverun track is located near Pittsburgh, PA and the drift events are done in the large skid pad area. If you want to see some pics to get an idea of how it is up here, here is a link to some pics from the last event: Beaverun round 2
                  Thanks for the heads up about Beaverun! It looks like we'll just be missing an event there, so we'll have to see what we can work out. Thanks!!!

Comment

Hey guys,

We have more of a concrete tour schedule up now. We are trying to stop at shops in each city. In the cities listed without a shop, we are coordinating with the locals we know to get something going there. We could definitely use some help in Chicago and Las Vegas.

http://slideamerica.com/tour_schedule.html

If you're interested in meeting up with us while we're in your city... please give us a shout through our MySpace page: www.myspace.com/slideamerica

We kick things off this Friday here in Atlanta!

Comment

I'd like to place my order now Andy, I know its going to be entertaining!!

Comment

hello andy ... im a big fan ... of both yours and pretty much everything that goes sideways ... anyway I was at formula d not too long ago and was wondering if there will be an event that you will participate in around the northern california area soon? if so when and where?

Comment

you guys should stop by portland on your way up to formula d. North cali, portland then seattle? 17, 18, 19?

Comment

aug 13 justdrift will be at buttonwillow raceway.

Comment

what's with some of the stops, im sure theres drift events you can go to instead of a shop or manufacturer.

edit: charlie posted what I was referring to and I didnt see it...

Comment

Working...
                              X