• Show
Clear All

• Formula D TV (July 7th; 1:00pm) CHICAGO

ORIGINALLY AIRED: 7/2/2006

NEXT AIRING: 7/8/2006 3am ET/PT

more repeats
    Sideways in Chi-Town

Episode #6003

The Need for Speed Formula Drift championship series slides into Chicago, for drifting in the shadow of Solider Field. The top drivers are still in a points hunt and the season is a wide open field. Top drivers Dai Yoshihara, Ken Gushi and Rhys Millen are among those who will get their cars sideways to thrill the crowds in Chicago!

http://www.g4tv.com/formulad/episode...n_ChiTown.html

All I can say is I am extremely dissapointed with G4tv's coverage of Formula D this year thus far. A huge step backwards from 05.

Comment

seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Drift Brick
        seriously.
        It's like the read the negative comments about their coverage of the first two rounds then in spite made it even worste. They showed like one run from each battle, wtf.

G4tv you were on to something last year with 1 1/2 to 2 hours coverage of each round with 1/2 hour shows to introduce drivers, comedy skits, and tech info. But this years format is almost dissrespectful to the sport.

Comment

i agree its lame, not to insult it, but as constructive critisism. super lame.

Comment

and the announcer is saying brought to you by "pontiac motorcross" instead of motorsports. I thought i was hearing things but i palyed it back and everyone heard it, its clear as day.

and i loved the g4 coverage last year, but this year it is horrible.
            Last edited by ; 07-09-2006, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronlosey
              i agree its lame, not to insult it, but as constructive critisism. super lame.

no, no... im gonna insult it here... this is drivel. seriously. its drifting for 3 year olds and the mentally impaired, not for fans. Certainly not for fans of traditional motorsport who want to know what drifting is all about.

Basically, theyre making it a lifestyle show. A show for people who want to be assosciated with drifting, and for the person who wants to be seen as someone who drifts, or hangs out with drifters, or who knows about the sport in more than a passing way.

It is not, in fact, a show for anyone who genuinely gives a flying *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about the sport. Either in the larger sense of its destiny in the long run, or in the smaller, less abstract sense of the competition and actual driving that goes on.

last year... not great, not terrible, very promising. This year... bloody abyssmal.

short synopsis- less interviews, show all the runs, get some hosts who know a thing or two about the sport, interview the judges, dont show a segment about how tanner foust is dating olivia munn or whatever. nobody cares about that. its a show about Drifting- keep it that way. the rest of that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* is completely unnecessary.

A driver profile or two isnt bad... but please keep them to less than a minute. thats all you need. not an entire segment on one guy.

thanks, thats all.

Comment

omg these commentators are *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing horrible. i cant stand to listen to them at all. and again no gives a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about tanner foust dating the interviewer. that and they only show half the tandem race sometimes!!! wtf is that!!!

Comment

Maybe buy the DVD and see if it's any better then

Comment

I think everyone would agree with me on this one,
                    but I think you should bring it back to the same format that you had it as last year, this year seems super watered down and molded to show to the masses, and to be honest, it alienates true drift enthusiasts.
                    I mean seriously, sometime last year, you (drifting.com & people from g4 i guess) were asking us what we wanted to see to improve the show, this is a complete turn from what we wanted out of the show, we wanted a clean simple show that showed the runs and had some short interviews with drivers about their feelings on a run, instead we got a watered down loose chunk of drifting that is doctored up so regardless of who you are you can understand it, I am sorry but this really was not what we wanted from the show, above anything we wanted a show that mimiced the stlye of Option Videos, show the single qualifying runs, then the tandem, and then interview the winners.
                    thats just my thought though,
                    -Randy

Comment

i dont understand why they cant provide live looped coverage like ESPN does with the NHRA event it runs smoothly and u dont have to worry about commentary cuz J-ROD does a great job beeter than the 2 guys in the both and also they could get judge info also if they had live coverage

Comment

Originally posted by uchi_san_saikos
                        I think everyone would agree with me on this one,
                        but I think you should bring it back to the same format that you had it as last year, this year seems super watered down and molded to show to the masses, and to be honest, it alienates true drift enthusiasts.
                        I mean seriously, sometime last year, you (drifting.com & people from g4 i guess) were asking us what we wanted to see to improve the show, this is a complete turn from what we wanted out of the show, we wanted a clean simple show that showed the runs and had some short interviews with drivers about their feelings on a run, instead we got a watered down loose chunk of drifting that is doctored up so regardless of who you are you can understand it, I am sorry but this really was not what we wanted from the show, above anything we wanted a show that mimiced the stlye of Option Videos, show the single qualifying runs, then the tandem, and then interview the winners.
                        thats just my thought though,
                        -Randy

AAAAAMEN! Thanks you !

Comment

Working...
                        X