(FEEDBACK) FORMULA D SONOMA 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (FEEDBACK) FORMULA D SONOMA 2006

Come on guys, we provided detailed play by plays of Road Atlanta but Chicago was extremely lacking in info. We know G4tv isn't going to air an accurate presentation of the event so it is up to you spectators to spill it. So spill it!

Ouch.....but true......

Didn't catch Chicago on G4 yet, waiting for the reruns. I didn't like how quite a few runs were left out for the Atlanta episode on G4.

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
    Come on guys, we provided detailed play by plays of Road Atlanta but Chicago was extremely lacking in info. We know G4tv isn't going to air an accurate presentation of the event so it is up to you spectators to spill it. So spill it!

Comment

First and foremost as the "Voice of Formula Drift" the now live announcer since they don't use me on the show anymore I wanted to say THANK YOU to all the fans, you guys killed it!

It was so hot and a few people even passed out due to heat exhaustion yet you guys are serious such loyal fans.

The event was a great success as the attendance was up, vendors were stoked and you guys came out in FULL FORCE!

I do want to apologize for the delays as I stated all day the track is long so we have to get re-staged and it takes some time as does the filming of the show.
      Thanks so much!!!!

What did you guys think of Hulk as my "tag team" partner on the mic?
      He was awesome to hang out with and his son Nick is just like you and I a fan and down for the cause!

Thanks again,
      See you guys at Round 5!!!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Rod
        First and foremost as the "Voice of Formula Drift" the now live announcer since they don't use me on the show anymore I wanted to say THANK YOU to all the fans, you guys killed it!

It was so hot and a few people even passed out due to heat exhaustion yet you guys are serious such loyal fans.

The event was a great success as the attendance was up, vendors were stoked and you guys came out in FULL FORCE!

I do want to apologize for the delays as I stated all day the track is long so we have to get re-staged and it takes some time as does the filming of the show.
        Thanks so much!!!!

What did you guys think of Hulk as my "tag team" partner on the mic?
        He was awesome to hang out with and his son Nick is just like you and I a fan and down for the cause!

Thanks again,
        See you guys at Round 5!!!
        Go have your baby already! Haha

Event was great. Casper drove the wheels off his ride. Congrats to Rhys for a consistent performance.

Oh and J-Rod, it's 510hp announcer guy.

Comment

Originally posted by bj@dcx
          Go have your baby already! Haha

Event was great. Casper drove the wheels off his ride. Congrats to Rhys for a consistent performance.

Oh and J-Rod, it's 510hp announcer guy.
          Yeah no baby yet, thanks by the way though!

Yeah yeah 510, sorry!
          10 Cylinder Viper I apologize on the HP rating, it sure sounds like 600 HP!

Comment

Yeah i think that hogan and you should be at every stop.
            I think he made it just that much more fun this year.
            Oh and i thought the new track set up was evil,
            That first entry is a killer so much speed and a crazy *Censored**Censored**Censored* turn with 2! clipping points gahh insane! Great time thought.
            THANKS FOR THE STICKERS J ROD

Comment

Considering going both days..

The main day was good, but i enjoyed the practice day because, not really any delays. and the "halftime" wasn't 2hrs long. Do you know how long 2hrs felt walking in the sun? haha, it's all good, I was chilling at the Dead Pirate Productions booth..

JROD! Thanks for giving those bday shoutouts to my friend Ian Beattie!! His parents really appreciate them!

The Cooper booth was loud as hell. I think their booth killing the event imo. I couldn't hear JRod at all. I mean seriously, what the hell.

All in all, the event is great. Maybe we should change to a different venue next year..3times here already.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys, I apprecaite it as it was a HOT day one of the hottest for Infineon and were making the track blister with some seriously SICK runs!

"Hampshaa" and Dai had one of the sickets runs EVER, reason being!
                High SPEED Entry, crazy angle, equally matched cars, gangster style with minimal e-brake, tight line and tight on the clipping points, good smoke and seriously the tightest I've seen cars outside of Rhys and Sam.

Good work Sonoma!
                If you think different venue email Formula D and let them know.
                Let your voice be heard even on My Space There's an official Formula Drift My Space and I have one too
                www.myspace.com/sendit of course

Thanks guys!

Comment

I think the event went really well.
                  Not quite a run that compared to JR and Sam last year when JR cut the inside but it was def. wild.
                  It sucks we had to rush the end but such is life.

And I really hope Mike's car is ok. I haven't wanted to call him just yet.

Comment

The track was great! Lots of speed (JR,Rhys), tons of angle (Hubert,Hampshaa), and the crowd was insane.

IMO, there were a few questionable calls....like when Gushi had advantage and Sam moved on? Very confusing to spectators trying to understand the sport. A little explanation from you J-rod would have helped. It also appeared that there were a lot of games being played at the cone on the bridge. Some drivers (Boney,Sam) appeared to lag on purpose when following to throw the first driver off and cause them to enter in different ways and in different gears. Smart nonetheless, but a stupid game that will jepordize the credibility of the sport. For god sakes, put your foot to the floor and crash the entry as hard as possible. I payed to see a motorsport event, not a chess match.

Oh yeah, FD really needs to ooutline the passing criteria. I can't remember the parties involved but in one case a driver was penalized for passing and then a few battles later a driver was moved on without any explanation to the crowd or teams why. Just seems like the rules are sometimes made up as they go. Wheres the credibility in that?

Please utilize Hulk Hogan to promote the sport. It was awesome to hear his voice over the mic. However, the beer and rental car references were a little much and I felt in bad taste. But otherwise, he's there, get him involved.

Comment

Originally posted by 110octane
                      The track was great! Lots of speed (JR,Rhys), tons of angle (Hubert,Hampshaa), and the crowd was insane.

IMO, there were a few questionable calls....like when Gushi had advantage and Sam moved on? Very confusing to spectators trying to understand the sport. A little explanation from you J-rod would have helped. It also appeared that there were a lot of games being played at the cone on the bridge. Some drivers (Boney,Sam) appeared to lag on purpose when following to throw the first driver off and cause them to enter in different ways and in different gears. Smart nonetheless, but a stupid game that will jepordize the credibility of the sport. For god sakes, put your foot to the floor and crash the entry as hard as possible. I payed to see a motorsport event, not a chess match.

Oh yeah, FD really needs to ooutline the passing criteria. I can't remember the parties involved but in one case a driver was penalized for passing and then a few battles later a driver was moved on without any explanation to the crowd or teams why. Just seems like the rules are sometimes made up as they go. Wheres the credibility in that?

Please utilize Hulk Hogan to promote the sport. It was awesome to hear his voice over the mic. However, the beer and rental car references were a little much and I felt in bad taste. But otherwise, he's there, get him involved.
                      what happen with the RS-R s15 battle

Comment

Yeah i think that hogan and you should be at every stop.
                        Hogan + Drifting = holy crap awsomeness, he was doing it pretty good out there (entertaining, not drifting)

Comment

HOGAN SHOULD BE FORCED TO COME TO EVERY STOP!
                          He made it sooo fun hah

Comment

As a concerned spectator at the Formula D Sonoma event, I have a few questions for J-Rod & Formula D.

Best 16:
                            1. Taka vs. Hiro - The first run taka had an advantage due to a spin out by Hiro. This should have given Taka the 10-0 advantage, since spins are considered 0 points. In the second run Taka corrected before the first clipping point, but did not spin. Taka completed his run with the correction which should of given Hiro the advantage, but not a 10-0 score. Why was there a "One More Time" call. Are there some new rules implemented as the event goes on?

2. Ken vs. Samuel - In the first set of runs there was understandable reason for the "One More Time" call. During the "One More Time" first run. Samuel was clearly 2 wheels off course as J-Rod had announced. This should be considered as good as a spin, giving ken the 10-0 advantage, which J-Rod had also announced. In the second run when Ken Gushi was the leading car, he had drifted the center line, while Samuel followed in the outside line. It was clear that it was an even matched run. This would give Ken the win, with the earlier 10-0 advantage. Even if Sam received the 8-2 advantage which clearly didn't happen, why was Samuel given the win?

Further mistakeable calls:

3. Ryan Tuerck from Cooper Tires broke and was announced to be given a "5 minute rule" to fix his car. Why was his car not allowed to run again, and the OK for the next run started?

With these questionable calls being made, are there any answers or facts that can be given to us paying customers and drifting enthusiasts to support the calls by the Formula D organization.

As a concerned amateur drifter, it brings up concerns of proper "Formula D competition" style drifting requirements, and judging criteria.

Thank You for supporting drifting and answering the questions that I have as a concerned enthusiast & amateur drifter.

Comment

Overall, I really enjoyed the event. I would have liked to have seen the practice and qualifying take place earlier (start practice around 9 or 10) and start the top 16 a little earlier (3pm is fine). Although the breeze for the last 3 rounds felt nice... even if we almost ran out of time!

i really really wish there was time to see tyler vs kenji run one-more-time. That curfew really sucks....

JRod - keep up the good work man! i love hearing your calls!

Originally posted by 110octane
                              The first was kazu vs casper - Casper took a wider 'qualifying' line and kazu passed him and took over his line, forcing casper to slow down. As the lead car, Casper can dictate the line, and it's up to Kazu to follow effectively, not pass on the inside line (this is different from D1 rules). This led to a 1-more time.

The other run, I forgot who was involved (i believe it was Tyler Mcquarrie who did the passing, possibly taka, it was a small car), but the other driver lost all his speed and nearly spun out, so the pass (in which the driver straight-lined to avoid hitting the other car) was almost necessary from what I could tell.

Comment

Working...
                              X