ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VAUGHN GITTIN JR., GREG BIFFLE AMONG DRIVERS TO JOIN HUBINETTE and KAHNE AT ‘MOPAR D1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAUGHN GITTIN JR., GREG BIFFLE AMONG DRIVERS TO JOIN HUBINETTE and KAHNE AT ‘MOPAR D1

VAUGHN GITTIN JR., GREG BIFFLE AMONG DRIVERS TO JOIN HUBINETTE AND KAHNE AT ‘MOPAR D1 ALL-STAR DUEL’

Center Line, Mich. — The buzz continues to grow around the “Mopar D1 All-Star Duel presented by ShiftIntoGear,” as NASCAR stars Greg Biffle, Robby Gordon and Casey Mears, along with D1 Professional Drift Grand Prix Series drifters Vaughn Gittin Jr., and Rhys Millen, are among the drivers now scheduled to appear at the event.

The exhibition will pit eight headliners from America’s most recognized form of racing, the Nextel Cup stock car series, against eight D1 drifters in a no-holds-barred drifting demonstration. The drivers will join confirmed NASCAR stars Kasey Kahne and Bill Elliott, as well as Team Mopar drifter Samuel Hubinette, and D1 stars Yasuyuki Kazama and Ken Nomura. Additional NASCAR and D1 drivers who intend to participate will be announced in the near future.

Scheduled for August 31 at the “House of Drift,” Southern California’s Irwindale Speedway, the event will feature the NASCAR vs. D1 Challenge, with eight drivers from each series going head-to-head in tandem battles. The NASCAR stars will compete in drift cars provided by D1. Attendees will also witness a D1 All-Star match race, a NASCAR vs. D1 tire-smoking competition, and a not-to-be-missed D1 All Eight tandem drift, with all eight D1 drivers drifting simultaneously on the Irwindale course. Fans will also be able to take part in a brief autograph session with the drivers.

“It’s definitely going to be fun to be out there with NASCAR stars like Kasey Kahne,” said Hubinette, who has scored two top-tens in D1GP competition and currently leads the points chase in the Formula D Drift Series. “It’s really cool to see that they’re interested in our sport and they want to try it out. I know they are talented drivers, and with some of them having experience driving sprint cars, they know how to go sideways. But drifting is definitely something different, and it’s going to be interesting to see how the NASCAR stars handle this style of driving.”

Proceeds from the event, a natural lead-in to that weekend’s NASCAR Nextel Cup race at the nearby California Speedway in Fontana, will benefit the Kasey Kahne Foundation, which raises and donates funds to charitable organizations that care for chronically ill children and their families. The Foundation is also committed to positive cultural changes, focusing on diversity awareness and providing at-risk youth ample opportunities for success.

“I grew up racing sideways around dirt tracks in an 800 horsepower sprint car. This is going to be a lot different, but I am excited and ready for the challenge,” said Kahne, who has four Nextel Cup wins in 2006. “Drifting looks like so much fun, and my NASCAR buddies are jumping at the opportunity to whip some of these cars around. We are proud to announce that Robby Gordon, Casey Mears, and Greg Biffle have all signed on to compete in the event. Each of those guys has awesome car control, and they will definitely be exciting to watch. Vaughn Gittin Jr., and Rhys Millen, two of the most high-profile and skilled drifters, have also signed on for the event and will add to our unbelievable lineup.”

Mooresville, N.C.-based ShiftIntoGear, Inc., jointly owned by Pennsylvania businessman Chris Evans and longtime driving instructor and professional racer Chris Cook, is one of the world’s premier personal training and coaching resources for established racing professionals and young, up-and-coming development drivers. ShiftIntoGear owner Cook will train the NASCAR stars in drifting techniques. Cook carried the “Mopar D1 All-Star Duel presented by ShiftIntoGear” logo on his No. 43 Dodge at a NASCAR Busch Series race in June at Kentucky Speedway.

Tickets for the event can be purchased online at www.irwindalespeedway.com

with robby gordon out there that will be tyyyyte. they need more boris said though. that wouldmake it spectacular

Comment

i think the big question is : what cars will the nascar drivers be driving? i'm pretty sure it's not their nascar cars b/c all they would do is spin

Comment

Tire smokin' competition???? :-) I think we got this one in the bag......

Hey JR, can you be extra careful so that both of my cars don't end up in the walls? Pretty please..........

Comment

Originally posted by slideways2004
          i think the big question is : what cars will the nascar drivers be driving? i'm pretty sure it's not their nascar cars b/c all they would do is spin
          D1 is providing the NASCAR drivers with drift cars.

Comment

Originally posted by X-M-P Guru

Hey JR, can you be extra careful so that both of my cars don't end up in the walls? Pretty please..........
            lol , don't pull a dale e.

Comment

^^ Oh man! That's just wrong. ^^

I know JR has an intimate love for walls but I'm pretty sure it's not him you need to worry about putting your other car into the wall.
              Last edited by 110octane; 08-10-2006, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 110octane
                ^^ Oh man! That's just wrong. ^^
                ^ Totally.

Comment

Originally posted by GaijinSmash
                  ^ Totally.
                  Yeah man, that wasn't cool at all.

Comment

Yeah, i guess you're right. I really wasn't thinking when i told NASCAR they could use my car. I guess the part about Greg Biffle "drifting" right next to JR has me a bit worried now.

Well at least you won't hear me screamin' "PUT IT IN HIS DOOR!!!" at this event!

Regards,
                    Soon to be carless.....

Comment

how 'bout ricky bobby? haha just got back from the movie, and have reached my bimonthly post quota!

Comment

Originally posted by slideways2004
                        lol , don't pull a dale e.

thats my line

the dale earnhardt wall comment, not the actual line into the wall, although both would fall into the truth category after sonoma

Comment

Originally posted by X-M-P Guru

as long as russ wheeler doesnt win after spinning out cole trickle you should be okay as long as you dont change cole's tires after the race.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters
                            with robby gordon out there that will be tyyyyte. they need more boris said though. that wouldmake it spectacular
                            Yes, Boris Said needs to come out to this event!!!

Can't wait to see this duel!
                            Hubert Young
                            KORE 8 Films

Comment

tony stewart need to be there the man is a god on dirt and asphalt man that would have been awesome to bad he doesnt drive a dodge and also does anyone know what kinda cars the nascar drivers will be in?

Comment

Working...
                              X