ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FORMULA D Judge KEN (Friendly Reminders for Seattle)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORMULA D Judge KEN (Friendly Reminders for Seattle)

Friendly reminders for Seattle FD from Judge Ken

Round 5: Formula D @ Evergreen Speedway is just a round the corner. Just a friendly reminder to all drivers, teams, and owners.

- Respecting the series & respect yourself: Showing up to the drivers meeting “suited” and having your car ready and on time on the grid when it’s time to go out are all signs of professionalism and pride that your taking yourself and this series seriously. If you act with dignity most likely you will be treated with dignity. Not just by your fan’s but course workers, Formula D staff and by your sponsors.

- Spotters box: besides the judging stand there will be a platform in which team managers or representative of your team can stand and see from the Judges point of view (limit 2 people). Each team has the right to designate one person to represent them and have this person stand in the spotters box. The spotter appointed job is to relay the score to his driver, spot them from the judges point of view, declare a 5 minute time out – in the case the vehicle breaks during competition and convey any concerns of the driver and team. At the time of a dispute or question regarding his or her run ONLY the appointed representative in the spotter box can petition or raise a question to the judges stand. (this is to prevent swarms of people asking the same questions as the same time) the dispute will be address during breaks or when it is appropriate. So USE IT…!!!!!

- 5 minutes: If your car breaks during competition and it is your turn to get up on the line. You can call (one) 5 minute time out. REMEMBER!!!! This is your prerogative! No Formula D staff or SCC worker will initiate a 5 minute break in your behalf without your consent. It will be You or your appointed person in the spotters box responsibility to inform Formula D staff that you request a 5 minute break. Once you get an approval that’s when the 5 minutes start.

Other than that I think were all set…! I know there are tons of stuff to add but I wanted to keep this read short. These were important stuff I felt drivers should know… So, do your best and I’ll see you guys out there.

Good Luck!

Judge Ken

Thanks for the reminder, Judge Ken!
    Hubert Young
    KORE 8 Films

Comment

Point well taken, this clears a lot of misunderstanding & the frustration, didn’t know there was a formal way to protest a call. It’s nice to know Formula D makes efforts to make it better for all of us. Rock on!

Comment

Working...
      X