Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a suggestion for the mods:

Mods,

I know this might be a little overboard, but I think it would be a good idea to lock the threads discussing underage drifiting. Not only are we promoting unlicensed driving, but also allowing pre-teen pissing contests. If I read about one more kid "drifting" his mom's car I'm gonna start killing members.

I still feel that allowing the younger members to view the board is a good idea as long as they are viewing for knowledge. If that is not the case (which seems to be showing judged by their posts) I feel an age limit might benifit the forums.

I appologize for yet another "cleanse the board" post, but something really does need to be done.

Greg "Tha Godfather" Young

Well, i'll try to summeraize this up for Admin. You can't stop them from entering into the forum. All they have to do is say they are a certain age and they are in. If you try and limit them, they will just get worse. I don't see anything wrong with them posting as long as they remember who they are. Please see http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...5990#post25990

This thread will cover the do's and don'ts of safe posting for young people.

Also I don't see these threads as promoting unlicensed driving. No one on this forum has suggested it so any driving they do is on them, not Drifting.com.

Good thought but no real way to execute it.

Comment

I agree with your post, and would say it should be a sticky...if any noob would actually read it.

Good thought but no real way to execute it.
      Sure there is...

First, lock the current threads, and give reasons for it. That was my main point.

Second, underage post whoring. Some messageboard software allows posting to be locked for individual members. That means that as soon as a 13 year old pops up posting stupid stuff *bang* we've got him. Remove his right to post, but not his right to learn.

Comment

being involved in any conversation thats begins with "I drift, but not my car... its my mums cuz im 13 and a half" is condoning underage drifting. by actually talking to them about it and giving pointers or just laughing at it we promote all the BS that needs to stay off this site.

Comment

Re: Just a suggestion for the mods:

Originally posted by Godfather
          Mods,

I know this might be a little overboard, but I think it would be a good idea to lock the threads discussing underage drifiting. Not only are we promoting unlicensed driving, but also allowing pre-teen pissing contests. If I read about one more kid "drifting" his mom's car I'm gonna start killing members.

I still feel that allowing the younger members to view the board is a good idea as long as they are viewing for knowledge. If that is not the case (which seems to be showing judged by their posts) I feel an age limit might benifit the forums.

I appologize for yet another "cleanse the board" post, but something really does need to be done.

Greg "Tha Godfather" Young
          report posts that promote "illegal drifting"

Comment

As soon as you ban them, they will just make another account. Sad but true. Yes reporting them will also make a diff but in the long run, the admins are having a super fun time following up on all these reports. Riiiight.

I have to disagree on the condoning of the underage driving by talking to them about it. As long as no-one says "Hey go take your moms car and learn to drift with it", I don't see anyone condoning anything.

Comment

IP ban.

Comment

IP ban.

Comment

You condonde a comedian's rasist joke as soon as you laugh at it...same thing. Three choices, ignore it, partisipate in it, or do something about it.

I know from experiance that once a member gets banned (usualy the first time) they get the point and go somewhere else. Yes, they do sometimes create new accounts, but if that is the case they tend to behave a little better the second time around.

I'm not trying to argue with you Ghost, but you act like we have no choice but to put up with the BS...that's not true.

Comment

Good call Chas...forgot about the full IP ban. There you have it, ban the whole computer they are on.

Comment

Working...
                    X