ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[TOMORROW] FORMULA D IRWINDALE (Oct. 14th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [TOMORROW] FORMULA D IRWINDALE (Oct. 14th)

Formula Drift Finale, Final Fight

Formula Drift Championship returns to Southern California for the “Final Fight” at Irwindale Speedway where the 2007 Champion will be crowned.

October 2, 2006

Long Beach, California - Formula DRIFT will host the 7th and final round of the 2006 Need For Speed Formula DRIFT Championship presented by Circuit City at the “House of Drift”, Irwindale Speedway on Saturday, October 14th, 2006. Fifty of the world’s top drifters will be battling in the “Final Fight”, for pride, points and the top spot, the 2006 Formula Drift Championship title. Here is how the last round breaks down courtesy of www.driftlive.com:

As we head into the final event of 2006 at Irwindale Speedway on October 14th, Samuel Hubinette (544) leads Rhys Millen (508) by 36 points, following in 3rd and 4th are Tanner Foust (464) and Vaughn Gittin, Jr. (398).

Hubinette, Foust and Millen have all taken home a win, Gittin has a best of 4th place, but mechanical problems did nothing to help JR at both New Jersey and Long Beach. Sam has the most consistent record, never placing worse then 7th and taking home 3 event wins, he also has more Formula DRIFT event wins then any other driver.

The scores breaks down such that in order for Millen to take the championship away from Hubinette, he will need to take 1st and have Sam place no better then 4th place.

Foust still holds an outside chance at beating Hubinette and Millen in points by taking first, but it would require Hubinette to fail to make the Top 16 (Hubinette has never failed to make Top 16) and Millen to place no better then Top 16 (In New Jersey, due to mechanical failure Millen did not advance to the round of 8).

It is not possible for Gittin to move into first or second, but if he outperforms Foust by a significant margin, he could move into 3rd place, the same holds true for Canul, who trails Gittin by just 13 points.

In addition to the points Championship, Discount Tire/America’s Tire Company will also be awarding the Triple Point Champion. Discount Tire/America’s Tire Company has put up an additional $5,000 for the points winner of three specific rounds: Atlanta, Sonoma and Irwindale. As it stands, the current drivers in the chase Rhys Millen (181), Tanner Foust (168), and Casper Canul (152). One of these drivers will take home the first ever Tires.com/Discount Tire Triple Crown.

Over Fifty top Formula Drift drivers including Rhys Millen, Casper Canul, Tanner Foust, Vaughn Gittin Jr. and current points leader Samuel Hubinette will be tearing up the 12 degree banks at Irwindale Speedway in this widely anticipated event. The event will also feature a huge vendor village, autograph sessions with top drifters; tons of giveaways and of course the Formula D Umbrella Girls.

That was a bit of a paraphrase of the article that I wrote a while back.

Thanks for the link, but in the future please make it more clear where the cited work begins and ends.

Original Article up on DriftLive.com

The article also has an nice exchange between a few of formula d's finest in the comments section.

Enjoy!

Comment

Reminder

This event will take place NEXT SATURDAY.

Comment

I'm gonna be there and the DA KREW will be going off!!!... I promised JR that I will try really hard not to get locked up again if he starts winning.

Comment

hahah Pete.
          Don't start any fights now.

YEAH I"LL BE THERE LIKE A CRAZY CRAZY TIME MAN YEAH WOO HYPE DRIFT RACING MAXIMUM!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'll be there of course performing Karaoke for all participants present and when I say Karaoke I mean getting you guys hyped.

Birng your "A Game" because it's going to be NUTS!

Comment

*edit - wrong thread*
              Last edited by Slapshotnerd; 10-08-2006, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                i personally think that you are connecting too many dots... unless you have insider information that would suggest that this will actually happen, i think you're stirring the pot way too much with this article.
                Um..what dots is he connecting??

The article is just a breakdown of the possibilties based on the math of the points standings...

Or are you refering to how he feels his article should have been cited better?

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
                  Um..what dots is he connecting??

The article is just a breakdown of the possibilties based on the math of the points standings...

Or are you refering to how he feels his article should have been cited better?
                  OOPS!! wrong thread!! haha... i had 2 reply windows open, and posted this in the wrong one... sorry guys

Comment

I hope i go ??

Comment

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got my tickets already...imma be there early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Comment

i might stop by

Comment

Im Going Now Woot Woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d

Comment

I'm gonna go.
                            YEAHHHHHHH LETS ALL CRAZY GETTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
                            THE REAL TIME EXCITMENT HAVE ARRIVED FOR THE STAY!!!!!!!!

LOOK FOR ME, I WILL BE IN THE SHIRT THAT SAYS
                            BRIAN HARTE.

IF YOU SEE ME LETS GET HYPHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i will be wearing this shirt and a black cap

Comment

Working...
                              X