CHINA DRIFT Demo (Oct 2006)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHINA DRIFT Demo (Oct 2006)

So, did anyone hear anything about how the drift demo go in China? How was it? good, bad? I heard a rumor that someone broke their ankle??? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Originally posted by 310Ojisan View Post
    So, did anyone hear anything about how the drift demo go in China? How was it? good, bad? I heard a rumor that someone broke their ankle??? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Tony built a camp fire while JR sang live wire playing guitar hero. Everyone rejoiced and danced through the night.

Comment

I saw a bunch of pictures.
      Looked like fun.

Comment

u canr ead Terry aka Akumas article about the event at ign.com apprently everyone of the drivers blew a motor which sucks but it seemed like a great event

Comment

Originally posted by s13vert View Post
          u canr ead Terry aka Akumas article about the event at ign.com apprently everyone of the drivers blew a motor which sucks but it seemed like a great event
          Not everyone blew motors, that's not true.
          3 days of demo's at 2-4 hours per day definitely puts stress on ANY car but not everybody popped a motor.

It was an experience and a half and a great time.
          Thanks to McKinney Family for having us in China!

Comment

Champ Car needs to have Formula D do a Drift Demo at their Grand Prix of Zhuhai, China race that is new on the schedule next year!!!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Rod View Post
              Not everyone blew motors, that's not true.
              3 days of demo's at 2-4 hours per day definitely puts stress on ANY car but not everybody popped a motor.

It was an experience and a half and a great time.
              Thanks to McKinney Family for having us in China!
              yes I agree with J-rod. I had a time and a half in China. Gary put on a great show and I was proud to be a small part of it.

p.s. Please note if you read my column you'll clearly see that S-13 vert was merly generalizing.Also - that no D.A. cars were blown up in the process! Kevin was holding everything together, like always!

Comment

It was killer just going to China let alone drifting in China! I had a blast and props to Gary for putting on the event. I will bring my own food next time Thank god for Korean BBQ, it saved me.

Comment

Originally posted by s13vert View Post
                  Hey s13vert can you post a link to that article? if anyone has pictures please post...!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler McQuarrie View Post
                    It was killer just going to China let alone drifting in China! I had a blast and props to Gary for putting on the event. I will bring my own food next time Thank god for Korean BBQ, it saved me.
                    Yeah man Ditto, Yeah the BBQ and Japanese spot was heaven sent and TGIFriday's was money too.

Thanks to Schwartz, Tyler and Hampton for the tongue and yeah they sent our table tongue to mess with us and I was the only one to eat it, tasted like meat no big deal.

All the mechanics on ths trip worked so hard, the drivers put on the show that they were expected to put on, they delivered eveyrthing they were asked.

It was an awesome event on the drivers, mechanics and announcers end!!!!

Comment

Terry sorry for the generalization next time ill post the link and what was the deal with the track surface sounded new and cool????

Comment

wHAT A GREAT TIME. It was so much fun driving in a stadium. we might not have blown our motors but we did destroy some sweet new Origin Aero! Thanks to everyone that made this happen and all the drivers that worked together to make everything smooth for live TV.

Check out my website for pics (the site was just launched so its not 100%)
                        www.captainclutchkick.com

Also check Driftalliance.com we will have some other pics up there ASAP.
                        www.driftalliance.com
                        TEAM FALKEN

Comment

Heres the link

http://cars.ign.com/articles/737/737609p1.html

Comment

From what I understand the track surface was a compound composed of 30% used tires and asphalt mixed together. (maybe some other stuff in there too)
                            It was a great surface. It held up to the abuse of the drivers and even under a standing burnout it didn't seem to degrade at all. Keep in mind that the surface was temporary and meant to be removed in 2-3 days.

Just one of the small things that added up to a dope show!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler McQuarrie View Post
                              We just did not have time for me to take you to the real chinese places... I must admit that the chinese food we had was not that good...

We all had a great time there even I popped my motor. Thanks Gary for giving us this opportunity to go there! Can't wait for the next one!
                              Hubert Young
                              KORE 8 Films

Comment

Working...
                              X