size comparison FC3S vs. S13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• size comparison FC3S vs. S13

Well I 'm a pretty big guy 6'3". I really can't seems to find info on this. But I'm considering either and FC or a S13. I was wondering what the comparison is in the body of the two cars and also the interior. I've owned an s14 in the past and I thought that was a cozy in my mind.

the reason I ask about the body size as well is because the FC looks so small to the S13 from the outside. I guess it's more out of curiousity.

Thanks Guys in Advance.

Originally posted by nis14 View Post
    Well I 'm a pretty big guy 6'3". I really can't seems to find info on this. But I'm considering either and FC or a S13. I was wondering what the comparison is in the body of the two cars and also the interior. I've owned an s14 in the past and I thought that was a cozy in my mind.

the reason I ask about the body size as well is because the FC looks so small to the S13 from the outside. I guess it's more out of curiousity.

Thanks Guys in Advance.
    I can't really speak for the FC as I've never been in one but I've owned two S13 fastbacks and Im going on my third.

Im about 5'11" and I can fit in S13's ok. I have to move the seat up a little bit so I can still push the clutch down all the way.

I imagine that if you were to get into an S13 you'd have to pretty much have the back of the drivers seat against the rear seat, meaning no one could ever sit behind you. But hey..the back seats in S13s are practically non existant anyway, they're made for like 5 year olds.

The FC doesn't have back seats so maybe it might be a better fit? Just a guess.

Comment

I'm 6'3" and an FC fit me like a glove.

The S13 was a *little* smaller, but still more than comfortable enough to daily drive.

Comment

The FC is a tight fit for some tall ppl from what i hear. Especially when you put a helmet on. Mostly head room issues as far as leg room theres no problem for some. If you get an aftermarket seat it sit a little lower so you have more clearance up top.

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.ph...ghlight=height

Comment

I'm 6' 1" 165lbs, and I fit in an FC pretty much perfectly. I only experience my thighs/knees hitting the bottom of the (stock)steering wheel when I down shift. Problem can be solved with a smaller diameter steering wheel, and a lower aftermarket seat.

Comment

Im a 6'5 FC driver. I fit pretty well, helmet doesnt really work that great, but I can drive with one on. I as of now however have a side mount sparco seat bolted as low as possible to the ground, and the head liner removed. I now have no problems what so ever, and heal-toeing is much easier since I dont hit the wheel anymore (also running a few mm smaller steering wheel) You dont have to do all these mods to fit, It just makes it a bit easier though.

(the interior isnt done hence the wires everywhere)
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by turbo23 View Post
              Im a 6'5 FC driver. I fit pretty well, helmet doesnt really work that great, but I can drive with one on. I as of now however have a side mount sparco seat bolted as low as possible to the ground, and the head liner removed. I now have no problems what so ever, and heal-toeing is much easier since I dont hit the wheel anymore (also running a few mm smaller steering wheel) You dont have to do all these mods to fit, It just makes it a bit easier though.

(the interior isnt done hence the wires everywhere)
              Both my head and legs rub so I think I will be going to seat+steering wheel route.

Comment

Working...
              X