NOPI "NEW" DRIFT Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Peters View Post
    with what i hear and the understanding of competing series killing drifting i actually think if both parties keep their words of peace and east /west split type deal i think it will actually work out awesome for drifting.

well see.
    NOPI = east coast...

FD = national

the 'seperation' is fine and dandy until the sponsors don't sign with NOPI because Formula D is bigger... wasn't the heresay about NOPI that they were going to pay more? how do you pay more with less sponsors if you're a 'regional' series?

Comment

Tracy,

Who are the current Pros for this NOPI Series?

Comment

why doesnt nopi just make a drifting an amatur event at its events kinda of like pro-am? and run through it normal series?? i think that wouldnt kill FD due to the fact that there arent "pros" running or atleast not on a regular basis? any ideas?

everything has to be "pros" why cant nopi do events for amatures instead of needing every pro to draw crowds? people like drifting, wether its pro or grassroots people will come watch you drift even on a amature level...

sorry for my ranting

Comment

Originally posted by D1 DRIFTER View Post
          why doesnt nopi just make a drifting an amatur event at its events kinda of like pro-am? and run through it normal series?? i think that wouldnt kill FD due to the fact that there arent "pros" running or atleast not on a regular basis? any ideas?

everything has to be "pros" why cant nopi do events for amatures instead of needing every pro to draw crowds? people like drifting, wether its pro or grassroots people will come watch you drift even on a amature level...

sorry for my ranting
          True, an amatuer series would be a very good idea. And some amatuers are damn good too. They just don't have the resources to go to larger events, get noticed, and then go pro.

Comment

wasn't the heresay about NOPI that they were going to pay more? how do you pay more with less sponsors if you're a 'regional' series?
            They are combining it with their drag racing series. There are talks of maybe 2 stand alone events. The payouts will be $10K for 1-8th place. I'm not sure of how it will break down. I just know that's the pot to give away.

Andy will be announcing everything shortly from what I gather. So it will be out in the open soon.
            Last edited by Tracy; 10-25-2006, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I didnt read the entire post so if someone else has stated this I am sorry but these are my feelings about more "pro" series. Formula D made a huge step in the right direction this year with licensing, now they may not have all the kinks worked out but it is getting there. Problem with all of these "pro" series it takes away credibility from the drivers. Who knows what kind of "pros" they will have at their event but when they look for sponsors they will be able to say look at me I am a pro driver, when most likely they wont be the same caliber as previously considered pro drivers, but for lack of better driving in the series they will be considered "pro". Think about it at the begining of '06 season FD went all over the country to license pro drivers and the with the current pro drivers and newly licnesed drivers they had maybe 60 drivers. That isnt enough drivers to support 2-3 Pro level events. Who cares if the sponsor or media support is there what will they support if they dont have drivers?

Comment

Im sure this will end up like every other major sopt that had more than one pro series(football baseball hockey) the better league will win out and end up buying out the other series. not to say which will win out but FD is 3 years ahead of everyone else and has many sponsors

Comment

Wow, your pretty naive if you think that FD found all of the qualified drivers across the country. There are plenty of good drivers to fill this series on the east coast alone.

Comment

Originally posted by deadpirate View Post
                    personally...i think FD should drop sonoma...the course is really weird...like...super crazy long straight...into sharp sweeper...into hairpin..into long switchback

really really...akward

but thats just me

whatever that track is awesome. early entry city.

needs more run up though.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                      NOPI = east coast...

FD = national

the 'seperation' is fine and dandy until the sponsors don't sign with NOPI because Formula D is bigger... wasn't the heresay about NOPI that they were going to pay more? how do you pay more with less sponsors if you're a 'regional' series?
                      im pretty sure that nopi since its already established, and FD since its already established arent going to have any sponsor battles since both sanctioning bodies already have companies setting aside budgets for both no problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X