Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

doesnt suprise me the slightest that nopi would start a series

Comment

Who is Drift Fury? Never heard of them. I hope this series does not turn in to Drift Funny.

My personal take on other series popping up... They will ruin the sport of Drifting just like what happened to Import Drag Racing.

Having D1 and FD should be enough.

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
      Also announced - Drift Fury will be doing the licensing, but they will honor any other sanctioning body's license...

aka - if you have a D1 or FD license, you can drive in NOPI Drift

Comment

Originally posted by romanwarrior View Post
        Who is Drift Fury? Never heard of them. I hope this series does not turn in to Drift Funny.

My personal take on other series popping up... They will ruin the sport of Drifting just like what happened to Import Drag Racing.

You probably wouldn't have heard of us being that you are from SoCal. We are based in Atlanta (as is NOPI). We have had 5 events so far. We always have 60 drivers and anywhere from 1000 to 2500 spectators. Dan and I host drift fury and we drive the Maxxis 240's if this helps you place us.

I also hope that the NOPI series doesn't turn into "Drift Funny" . That would suck for all of us on this side of the country that are excited by the prospect of a pro series over here. I understand where you are comming from. Either way, we are not owned by NOPI and it was our intention to move out of Atlanta in '07 with our series regarless of th NOPI drifting series. It was just a good opportunity for us to become their feeder series. It has shown to be awesome for us so far. Hopefully the progress will continue and be a good thing for the sport in general. I will pray

Comment

Originally posted by romanwarrior View Post

d1 never has done a US championship and if you look at dates / press releases / schedules / rumor mills FD has been established, has their 2007 everything ready to rock, nopi isnt anything new, they have been doing demos all year long, had a press conference at sema and are also ready to rock for 07, and are trying not to compete with FD, then afterwards d1 comes out with a unfinished and apparently rushed press release days after both series announce their finalized plans.

if your going to accuse people of stepping in last minute, dont look at FD or NOPI. both seem to be well thought out and planned series for 07, and i think they will both do well. NOPI also plans on being a primarily east coast series, which is also pretty cool sidenote as they are tryign to fill what they feel is a void, instead of coming in and competing with formula drift.

Comment

Working...
          X