Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMG + FORMULA DRIFT Form ALLIANCE

IMG AND FORMULA DRIFT FORM STRATEGIC ALLIANCE

Las Vegas, NV, November 1, 2006 – IMG, the world’s leading sports, entertainment and media company, and Formula Drift, Inc., the first and only sanctioned and recognized North American professional drifting championship series, have formed an exclusive global partnership. IMG will work closely with Formula Drift across all areas of its business, including licensing, interactive, event development and television representation.

“Formula D is already the category leader and we believe there is tremendous potential to further grow and expand the Formula D Tour for the drivers, teams, spectators and sponsors,” commented Jay Ogden, IMG Senior Vice President and Managing Director, Events and Federations.

“To partner with IMG – the company that works with the biggest names in sports - is another giant step for Formula Drift and an incredible step in the expansion of our sport,” said Ryan Sage, Formula Drift Co-Founder and EVP of Marketing. “With IMG’s global marketing media and licensing resources, they are uniquely qualified to help us build this exciting sport.”

Drifting is a high-skill extreme motorsport where drivers slide their cars sideways at high speeds through a marked course. In 2003 the Formula Drift organization was created to bring the sport to American audiences; this year its Formula D championship series featured more than 50 professional drivers competing in seven events across the country.

About IMG

IMG is the world's premier Sports, Entertainment and Media Company. IMG is a diversified global business with two major business segments: IMG Sports & Entertainment, and IMG Media. IMG employs over 2,500 people in 30 countries. Forstmann Little & Co. purchased IMG in 2004.

IMG Sports & Entertainment includes: consulting services; event ownership and management; fashion events and models representation; licensing; golf course design; client representation in golf, tennis, broadcasting, European football, rugby, cricket, motorsports, coaching, Olympic sports and action sports. In addition, IMG Academies are the world's largest and most advanced, state-of-the-art, multi-sport training and educational facility, delivering world-class sports training experiences to over 12,000 junior, collegiate, adult and professional athletes each year.

IMG Media, which includes our content production subsidiaries TWI, Darlow Smithson Productions (DSP) and Tiger Aspect Productions (TAP), is recognized as a global leader in the delivery of traditional and new media content and services, with Internet, broadband and mobile expertise, transforming how audiences access and interact with content.

IMG Media produces and distributes over 10,000 hours of sports, documentary, drama, comedy, entertainment, popular factual and children's content annually, over multiple platforms across 200 countries, including award-winning television and radio programming. It also represents the broadcast rights to many of the world's premier sporting events and has the world's biggest sports archive with more than 200,000 hours of footage.

More information about IMG is available at www.imgworld.com.

This is HUGE!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Rod View Post
      This is HUGE!
      understatement

Comment

so would you say they formed a Drift Aliiance??? haha, i rule!
        anyways, this is huge, and IMG is def gonna open alot of doors for everyone involved in FD.
        -Don't forget the struggle. Don't forget the streets-

www.driftalliance.com
        www.clubloose.com

Listen to Motley Crue

Comment

It's big

This is huge... just huge

Comment

huge huge huge...you people all sound like Donald Trump

"Its gonna be HUUUGEEE...fa lalalala la lala la ..the apprentice" *cobra*

While Im happy that Formula D seems to have found a powerful ally..consider me cautiously skeptical.

Do we have a drift ninja anywhere on these boards who can go behind the scenes of this and let us know who IMG is actively persuing to get top notch coverage for Formula D?

I think this is good news, but it would be nice to know what direction they want to take Formula D media wise

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
              huge huge huge...you people all sound like Donald Trump

"Its gonna be HUUUGEEE...fa lalalala la lala la ..the apprentice" *cobra*

While Im happy that Formula D seems to have found a powerful ally..consider me cautiously skeptical.

Do we have a drift ninja anywhere on these boards who can go behind the scenes of this and let us know who IMG is actively persuing to get top notch coverage for Formula D?

I think this is good news, but it would be nice to know what direction they want to take Formula D media wise
              I couldn't imagine them shooting for anything other than broadcast TV...

Comment

Originally posted by EverythingDrift View Post
                I couldn't imagine them shooting for anything other than broadcast TV...
                Ah I wasn't specific enough.

Im sure they're going after broadcast TV..but what I wanna know is which channels/networks are on their hit list. I assume SPEED is one but are they going to try and go after the big dogs? (NBC, CBS, ABC wide world of sports?)

Send your ninjas into battle..

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
                  Ah I wasn't specific enough.

Im sure they're going after broadcast TV..but what I wanna know is which channels/networks are on their hit list. I assume SPEED is one but are they going to try and go after the big dogs? (NBC, CBS, ABC wide world of sports?)

Send your ninjas into battle..
                  speed is cable TV, not broadcast

Comment

i dont know about you guys, but im really hoping for lifetime television coverage of drifting. that would be hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters View Post
                      i dont know about you guys, but im really hoping for lifetime television coverage of drifting. that would be hot.
                      Yes..then as we sit together and watch the final round..we can all hold hands......and exhale..

shoop shoop shooop shoo be doop doop doop...

Comment

Working...
                      X