CHRIS FORSBERG's Last Season with Falken Tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
    Well the dodge charger and Pontiac solstice placed above him so that tells alot coughfactorybackedteamscough. And I could have sworn that Tosh said Chris scored a 99 and Rhys and Sam were in the 97 range....

I dont know, the world all stars was weird as all hell.
    Don't spread bad information. D1 has posted the results for all to see

https://www.d1gp.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=93

Rhys - 99.93
    sam - 99.90
    Forsberg - 98.50

Comment

Originally posted by EverythingDrift View Post

Rhys - 99.93
      sam - 99.90
      Forsberg - 98.50

I could have sworn

must have been wrong

IMO... those runs from Rhys and Sam weren't worth 99 points. Not too take anything from Rhys or Sam though, I understand those are new cars and not fully ready yet but there runs didnt really excite me.

Comment

Originally posted by EverythingDrift View Post

Rhys - 99.93
        sam - 99.90
        Forsberg - 98.50
        on the website it says...

Forsberg - 99.5

Thats damn near perfect and didnt make top 16. D1 is one tough competition!

Comment

Originally posted by DA News View Post
          on the website it says...

Forsberg - 99.5

Thats damn near perfect and didnt make top 16. D1 is one tough competition!
          ok, 99.5 .

I'd also say that D1 has inflated scores. Nobody scored a perfect 100 in FD competition all year. In D1, if you don't score 99.80 or better, you don't get in. Are there that many drivers that are actually "Perfect" ??

Comment

As the guy in the red shirt that you can just make out in this picture I have to add that Chris was absolutly tearing it up. No other qualifier came within 2 feet of the wall, Chris was pretty much touching the wall. He then hit the clips clean.

It was simply not in the script for Chris to make the show.

Enough said.

Comment

Enough said.
              Unfortunately, that is becoming "the norm" as Drifting gets older. A straight judging system leaves much, much room for biase, favoritism and personal issues to interfere. It also leaves alot of room for challenging the decisions and complaining after every event as to who got screwed.

For example, competitor #1 owes something to competitor #2. Competitor #1 isn't allowed to compete in event because #2 may be friends with the person running the event. After discussion, #1 is allowed to run but gets scored low and bumped out early on. Thats a hypothetical example... we'll say.

Without clear cut scoring there will always be room for doubt. Unfortunately that day the gods of biase didn't smile on Chris. Maybe they will next time. But with the runs that i'm hearing about and the photos, he deserved to be up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth View Post
                Unfortunately, that is becoming "the norm" as Drifting gets older. A straight judging system leaves much, much room for biase, favoritism and personal issues to interfere. It also leaves alot of room for challenging the decisions and complaining after every event as to who got screwed.

For example, competitor #1 owes something to competitor #2. Competitor #1 isn't allowed to compete in event because #2 may be friends with the person running the event. After discussion, #1 is allowed to run but gets scored low and bumped out early on. Thats a hypothetical example... we'll say.

Without clear cut scoring there will always be room for doubt. Unfortunately that day the gods of biase didn't smile on Chris. Maybe they will next time. But with the runs that i'm hearing about and the photos, he deserved to be up there.
                got a suggestion for the almighty 'perfect' system?

Comment

I suggest that hobos with no knowledge of drifting be led to the podium given a brief explanation and a promise of a brown bottle for a good job. After that's done you could hire guys to be drift referees.

Comment

Originally posted by GBC View Post

As the guy in the red shirt that you can just make out in this picture I have to add that Chris was absolutly tearing it up. No other qualifier came within 2 feet of the wall, Chris was pretty much touching the wall. He then hit the clips clean.

Enough said.
                    thats hot.

Comment

Originally posted by GBC View Post
                      fill the fenders. :tdown:

Comment

those are the new rims for 07. Chris is not running that widebody kit anymore. Don't you worry Chris is amazing with wheel offset! Did you ever look at his S15 in person? It was awesome.

Comment

he should also get a gihugen cowl hood. something anyone under 6'5 cant see over.

Comment

Originally posted by DA News View Post
                            those are the new rims for 07. Chris is not running that widebody kit anymore. Don't you worry Chris is amazing with wheel offset! Did you ever look at his S15 in person? It was awesome.
                            +1 look at his sr20 350z and his old s15.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                              Well the dodge charger and Pontiac solstice placed above him so that tells alot coughfactorybackedteamscough. And I could have sworn that Tosh said Chris scored a 99 and Rhys and Sam were in the 97 range....

I dont know, the world all stars was weird as all hell.

the allstar matches are for the crowd, not for the drivers. so judging is more based on crowd favorites than actual driving...up to a point. thats why they dont mean anything.

Comment

+2, I was trying to figure out why his fitment looked so terrible in that pic because usually hes good with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X