D1GP All Star judging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1GP All Star judging

Anyone else think the "judging" at this event was complete BS? I was pretty much convinced when it was confirmed as the announcer called out a 5-5 tie in one of the laps before the drivers had gotten to the last corner. One of the drivers spun before the finish line and they didn't change the "5-5" score.

There were many other situations, including Nomuken spinning and only drawing a 7-3 disadvantage. When the judges realized that McNamara was popular with the crowd all the sudden he started getting the favourable scores until it was too obvious that Nomura was better on their runs. I really wanted to see McNamara do well being a turbo Corolla owner myself and he didn't dissapoint.

Now I know this is all a show and they are just wanting to make it more exciting for the crowd, but after being out there for 5 days straight and seeing good consistent judging up to that point I was a little annoyed.

Anyhow, after making the trip down from Canada for the past two years to see this event I likely won't be returning next year. I'd rather put the extra money into supporting and building the local scene.

Matt H.

How long is it going to take for people to give up on this?
    After every event, I read the same thing.
    Just stop caring about it.

Comment

D1GP is an entertainment company. Not a motorsport company.

Kinda like WWF is an entertainment company, not a wrestling company.

remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by EverythingDrift View Post
        D1GP is an entertainment company. Not a motorsport company.

Kinda like WWF is an entertainment company, not a wrestling company.

remember that.
        Especially the fact that it was a exhibition and not a series points event. If you watch any of the exhibitions they usually turn out differently than points events at least for d1 in the past year or so.

Comment

Working...
        X