Clear All

• D1GP announces final dates for US Series

Round 1 March 9 (Fri), 10( Sat) - Irwindale Speedway, CA
    Round 2 May 5 (Fri), 6 (Sat) - English Town, NJ
    Round 3 July 14 (Sat), 15 (Sun) - Las Vegas, NV
    Round 4 August 18 (Fri), 19 (Sat) - Charlotte, NC
    Round 5 November 16 (Fri), 17 (Sat), 18 (Sun) - Irwindale Speedway, CA

Things to note:
    Conflicts - Irwindale 1 is the same weekend as NOPI Drift Texas, Vegas is the same weekend as FD Sonoma, and Charlotte is the same weekend as Champ Car Denver.
    - There are 7 stops on the D1GP Japan series, and that doesn't include Irwindale. The Japanese may be at the 2 irwindale events, but if they are, they would just be there to mess up the US points as it doesn't count towards their points.
    - There is a month and a half break in the D1 Japan schedule, 3 weeks before and after the Vegas event. Again, we can probably expect to see the Japanese at the Vegas event.
    - There is a Japanese event the weekend before NJ, and the weekend after NC, so it is doubtful that any japanese drivers will ship their cars back and forth for those events unless they use 'backup' cars here in the states.

If they were smart....

They would have the US series finaly and JP series finaly at the same time at irwindale. Then next day have the world series....

Comment

Round 2 and 3 are collaborations with the NHRA series.

round 4... i have NO idea what they are thinking! it doesn't appear to be in collaboration with anybody... odd!

Comment

they had etown on the schedule for 3 years now and not one d1 event there yet...

Comment

*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ers I was hoping they would come down to FL

Comment

that sucks. minimal US events. No real events to bring japanese drivers over.

wow.

for the first time for me. looks like:
            Formula D = ForTheWin

Comment

same here sir i was hoping for a stop in our sunny little state

Comment

I'll be in NC

Comment

im probably gonna piss off d1, but since i dont really care and think this is nothing more than hopes and dreams to cash in on the work FD already did, youd think that a pro series would be able to at least spell carolina.

mike nitpick peters.

also yes, sponsors is blatantly mispelled on my site. if you suck at the internet and dont know how to fix a site, dont let someone else do it for you.
                  Last edited by Mike Peters; 12-26-2006, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters View Post
                    im probably gonna piss off d1, but since i dont really care and think this is nothing more than hopes and dreams to cash in on the work FD already did, youd think that a pro series would be able to at least spell carolina.

mike nitpick peters.
                    But engrish is my favolite ranguage

Comment

Working...
                    X