No announcement yet.

The Death of Drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about drifting for fun...that will never die!

Comment

"3. DSport will be the only magazine to grow in its segment"

Tell me they are joking? HAHAHA

Comment

If Figure Skating is still alive now, Drifting should last a long time, but mabye if we should put on classical music to our drifting, we too can become an olympic sport!!!! (lame I know...)

Comment

I was kinda "drifting" before I knew there was sport. It was just fun.
          Drifting is like anything else, it fun until someone loses an eye. ARRR!

Comment

Originally posted by AaronConklin View Post
            If Figure Skating is still alive now, Drifting should last a long time...

Comment

Originally posted by andysapp View Post
              AMAZING!!!
              You're such a hillbilly!

Comment

I smell a lawsuit! ...lolz....

Comment

Bwahaha! I actually made that as a joke for Antonio after we had a conversation about drifting and figure skating lacking a serious relation.

We agreed that drifting was much more like skateboarding... and that the whole figure skating thing was possibly the worst comparison ever, lol.

Comment

Formula D and D1 are the only pro venues that operate in the U.S. Period. I dont care who says they are "pro" without a d1 or fd license its just a lie. I hope that the other organizations steer away from licensing pro drivers in their series. Depending on Judging criteria there is going to be 8000 pro drifters in the u.s. soon.

Comment

To me Drifting was not a suicide, it is definitely a murder victim. I think we need to open an investigation, we can't let this be swept under the rug.

Colin Frost is the main suspect, he has motive and has had opportunity, and he has "I'm killing it" written on his windshield, almost mocking us with a pseudo confession. I think the yellow, and now cranberry car is the murder weapon. Makes you wonder why he painted his car. Was it to cover the traces of his crime?
                      Last edited by BenR; 02-08-2007, 11:19 AM. Reason: stuff

Comment

Well............. media

I provide media coverage for a lot of drifting events and other motorsport events. I see the grass roots scene growing like crazy, but there has to be more major media coverage and scheduling on tv for grass root like Drift Day, Drift Buffet, etc...... I watch some channels(no names mentioned) a lot and when it comes to the import scene or drifting they are rerunning the hell out of the same old footage over and over. The game needs to step up to NASCAR status, it aint like the fans are not there or the drivers. Also, we could use a bit more series events, add more dates to the scheduling. The sponors are out there two. Most tire companies including Federal(I was like what) have added tire compounds for drifting. But like other motorsports, you have to have the media coverage and tv scheduling. Its just like selling clothes, ice cream etc, the public has to get exposed to it. Sometimes even being media I do not even know when half the events are taking place or where the hell they are advertised. I'm blessed that I have friends in the drifting industry. Like someone here already stated NOPI and one other show series is the major scene for drifting demos and import racing. I know, because one major show venue out here on the west coast that I volunteer for and promote for is loosing numbers fast from what I have seen in person. So, fellow media gurus get to the events on time and stop chasing the models around, thats cool for the show scene, but f0ans want to see the smoke, the sideways action.......................................

Comment

JR put some good points in there as a possitive look at what he see's going on.

The politics are hot though. I run US Drift Battle and the small Project A. Spec events.. basicly MidWest stuff for non travelers too. with help from the bigger guys I been doing well.

But problem i have had with my events is greedy tracks basicly , but all is well here.. thx to those helping me out!!!

Comment

JR spelled it out.
                            there is no arguing what he said and he was very nice to even share his knowledge with everyone on this forum.

Comment

Bwahaha! I actually made that as a joke for Antonio after we had a conversation about drifting and figure skating lacking a serious relation.

We agreed that drifting was much more like skateboarding... and that the whole figure skating thing was possibly the worst comparison ever, lol.
                              True that.

Comment

Working...
                              X