American Gymkhana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Gymkhana

Hello everyone, Ken here…. For some of you might remember me as “Ken” from Motorex, or “Ken” the guy how brought C-West & Uchi, or “Ken” from Best Motoring aka “American Touge” or finally “Ken” one of the Formula D judge. Either Ken you know you probably know me. And I probably know many of you guys too….

That’s why I’m happy to announce to you guys 1st the launch of my new event “American Gymkhana”. With the support and advice from some Japanese manufactures & Drift Association were bringing one of Japan’s most popular and oldest grassroots motorsport. History has proven the most successful are the events that were started by the “people” like Import drags started from street racing, Hot Import Nights started from car clubs hanging out at night, and Drifting…. Well need I say more?

Well, I encourage you guys to come out and try it. It will be fun, it’s like time attack meets drifting in autocross. Short course & you will get time slips challenging your fellow drivers. You can run with your Scion, Fit, Subaru, G35 pretty much anything except SUV’s and you don’t have to driving 100 out into the boonies to run. You don’t have to have a FR (rear wheel drive) car to have fun in Gymkhana, All-wheel drive and mid-ships are fine too. Were going to be right next to Irvine Spectrum. Our event is going to be on March 31st (Saturday) at El Toro. So, please visit my site www.gymkhanausa.com register to run (price is for all day) and please support the cause.

“Let’s build something together”

Thanks,
    Ken

Originally posted by GymkhanaKen View Post
    Hello everyone, Ken here…. For some of you might remember me as “Ken” from Motorex, or “Ken” the guy how brought C-West & Uchi, or “Ken” from Best Motoring aka “American Touge” or finally “Ken” one of the Formula D judge. Either Ken you know you probably know me. And I probably know many of you guys too….
    May be you just need to post a picture. You don't realize that a lot of people recognize your face?!

Gymkhana huh?! It will be fun.
    Hubert Young
    KORE 8 Films

Comment

Originally posted by Hubert Young View Post
      May be you just need to post a picture. You don't realize that a lot of people recognize your face?!

Gymkhana huh?! It will be fun.

Comment

Hahahaha..... greeeaaattt.....
        thanks Alex!
        look at me with that kansai hair! I look like Chunky Dai's long lost brother....

Comment

Hahahaha..... greeeaaattt.....
          thanks Alex!
          look at me with that kansai hair! I look like Chunky Dai's long lost brother....
          oh.. i thought that is chunky bai.. lol. good luck ken! let me know if you need help! justdrift is here to support you!

Comment

This is a excellent way to inprove you skill and car control, if just for fun or you plan to race in the future.Like Go Karts it will establish a good fundation of car skills for the driver...

Comment

Originally posted by olddrifter View Post
              This is a excellent way to inprove you skill and car control, if just for fun or you plan to race in the future.Like Go Karts it will establish a good fundation of car skills for the driver...
              Thanks for the support OD...!

And Charlie.... your the "best"!

Comment

Thanks for the support OD...!

And Charlie.... your the "best"!
                oh my... that was after a lot of "one more times".

Comment

Cone dodging...

Ken would be the one on the left here... this is from a day or two ago..

Comment

Ohhhh, yes....
                    those were good times....?
                    Especially with memories like this working with you....

Comment

All i gotta say is both of you are Cha Cha VIPs.

Comment

It was late and I was sleepy. Thats why I was asleep. Vernon looked like he was tired too.

I will see if there is anything interesting that we can bring out.

Hey - and why no SUV's ? How about a Typhoon...
                        Last edited by tyndago; 02-27-2007, 09:54 AM.

Comment

New Update!

Open to the Public/Spectators! FUN RUN
                          During the lunch break 12:00pm to 1:00pm
                          Spectators can sign up that afternoon and drive their car on the course 2 runs for $5 BUCK!Come and try it! Helmet is required.

Comment

I have the best pic of Ken.

I'll have to find a way to post it up here but it was taken by Alex P. at Irwindale.

We used it when we interviewed him for C16.

There is a full interview with the dude in the virtual mag too

Comment

good times at the event! Watching Alex in the Lotus was worth the $5 alone!

Comment

Working...
                              X