350Z Powered 240SX !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350Z Powered 240SX !

so im building a new car for a new season... here are some pics of the progress of the new 240sx hellride!
    not done yet, but its really coming along...
    random unfinished body shot

interior. g35 key mounted in center, 350z gas pedal in stock location, etc...

using oem 350z engine management to retain vtc and dbw(not complete yet)...

engine as it sat in the car as off 2 weeks ago.. plenty of progress since...

like i said, still have plenty of work to do, but its coming along quickly as the upcoming season approaches...

I ran into a guy recently who has an S14 with the VQ in it, he works at turbonetics (so yes, it's turbocharged too). He may be able to help you with things when it comes down to it...

it's a dope project though!

Comment

you pwn life. make sure to keep this updated please.

Comment

looking good so far. Keep it up..

Comment

Looks good. Glad to see you are trying to use the factory ECU. I was wondering how pissed off it would be without the rest of the CAN around.

I think the VQ should be the next big swap. Lots of cars with the engine. Good displacement.Good torque. The aftermarket supports it. All aluminum. The next GT-R uses it....

The Turbonetics car is pretty cool. S14 He even kept A/C and PS. It does use an AEM for engine management . The car was shown at SEMA, and at the Autocrave event a couple weeks ago in Pomona. I'm trying to push them to run it in Ultimate Street Car Challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
            I ran into a guy recently who has an S14 with the VQ in it, he works at turbonetics (so yes, it's turbocharged too). He may be able to help you with things when it comes down to it...

it's a dope project though!
            yeah ive seen pictures of the car... looks cool!
            since that car runs an aem and all, it wont be much help to me in the completion to the wiring... no problem though, its all under control...

the vq35 certainly doesnt need to run factory engine management, but i chose to utilize it in order to retain the constantly variable valve timing. im really looking to have the most robust powerband possible and to exploit every technology the engine has to offer, and since no aftermarket engine management is capable of controlling the ivtc, rom tuned factory ecu was the way to go for me...

Comment

Originally posted by carluch View Post
              the vq35 certainly doesnt need to run factory engine management, but i chose to utilize it in order to retain the constantly variable valve timing. im really looking to have the most robust powerband possible and to exploit every technology the engine has to offer, and since no aftermarket engine management is capable of controlling the ivtc, rom tuned factory ecu was the way to go for me...
              Actually from what I heard from the AEM guys I know, they got the variable cam timing to work. Said it picked up a ton of power.

The only issue with the newer ECU's - later OBD-II stuff is all the extras it expects to see. Evap type stuff, fuel tank stuff.

I've added features to an early Evo to upgrade it to newer OBD-II standards, but I haven't tried to take some stuff away to see what it would do.

Comment

Design Craft Fabrication and I completed this same swap into the S13 chassis around SEMA time last year. The car is incredible making amazing power and torque. I to am running the AEM EMS and it controls the VCT just fine. I have been driving the car around L.A. regularly and absolutly love it!!! This is truely the swap of the future for Nissan dudes.

Good luck, I cant wait to see that thing on the track Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by 110octane View Post
                  Design Craft Fabrication and I completed this same swap into the S13 chassis around SEMA time last year. The car is incredible making amazing power and torque. I to am running the AEM EMS and it controls the VCT just fine. I have been driving the car around L.A. regularly and absolutly love it!!! This is truely the swap of the future for Nissan dudes.

Good luck, I cant wait to see that thing on the track Mike.
                  is this mickey? i heard you did this to your vert... send me some pictures!

thats news to me about the aem stuff... ill have to look into it...

Comment

i've got a couple more pics of this car i'll dig up soon.
                    mike's car will be ready for the 07 season i'll try and get some footage of it driving next month.
                    hurry up mike, this car is gonna be awesome.

oh yeah btw, the era of the sr20det is officially almost over. every vq swap completed chips away at the crumbling throne of the sr in drift here in the US.

Comment

mmmmm East Coast gray interior metals.
                      Wicked.

Comment

how did u get the engine to sit so far back?

Comment

the vq35's soundtrack should suit the 240 juuuust dandy....cant wait for a vid clip

Comment

Looks good buddy! Get that thing done! Were gonna get you out to some of those Nopi events ASAP.
                            www.driftalliance.com
                            TEAM FALKEN

Comment

the fact that you have 4 hazard switches is the win.

is your hood gonna close?

Comment

Working...
                              X