Forza show on Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forza show on Speed

Didn't see anything discussed on this, so figured I would start it up. Figured it might be interesting, with Ken Gushi in it.

If anyone didn't see it, Ken in the 350Z flying by the Vette in the grass was dope.... too bad he didn't have the power in a straight line.

From Speed World Challenge - Lou Gigilotti and his son and crew chief were running a C6 Vette, not something you want to be up against. I thought this interview with him was pretty interesting, and he gives Ken Gushi and Formula D a big up in it.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/more/auto/35663/?page=1

"SPEEDtv.com: Thankfully, we're at the end of the road for our interview. Besides stealing your son's car and making your Forza Showdown driver cry, were there any other Forza participants you didn't terrorize? Anyone you think might have a future as a pro driver?

LG: "Hey, I didn't make the kid cry, (Driver X) did. Oh, never mind. Ken Gushi was the driver in the show from the Formula D series – he impressed the heck out of me. To me, Ken was the driver in the show with the most potential, car control, and raw driving ability. Gushi was FAR AND AWAY the real deal, and if he would choose to enter into road racing or oval racing, he has enough car control that he would be a natural. If he's coached properly, and learns more tools and skills beyond what it takes to win in Drifting, he has the mental attitude along with the driving talent to go far."

That's strong praise from one of the veterans of American road racing, and not one usually offered from an old school driver for a young driver cutting his teeth in the Formula D drifting series.

Maybe LG will make some time for KG in his SPEED GT car and KG some time for LG in his Formula D car. I think they'd surprise fans in both camps."

taking a shortcut through the grass during a race was dope?

Comment

What was even sweeter than that is the guy referring in episode 2 to the grass shortcut as "ken bringing some drifting into the race" because you know cutting through the grass in a race is apparantly drifting. F***ing idiots. But other than that, I enjoy the show and I loved how ken raped everyone in drifting and just how much everyone else sucked. And then they're all like wow, we respect those drifters a lot more now.

Comment

Originally posted by gigglesnirt View Post
        Yep, I thought it was funny. Found out later it was because the brakes failed, from what other people are saying.

Gushi was hanging with a LG Motorsports Vette in a 350Z. The Vette was killing him in the straights, but Gushi was catching up into each corner.

I'm a do or die kinda guy.

Comment

Originally posted by gigglesnirt View Post
          Ok, so the brakes failed but it was still a legal pass!! A true driver would do whatever it takes win provided the rules allow. Remember Alex Zinardi passed Bryan Herta in the Corkscrew at Laguna in 1996? Ken gave the Vette hellava run! Props to Ken! To be honest, I don't know how that kid in the Vette can manage to let the Z to keep up!

The concept of the show was really cool but they need some more professional teams like LG Motorsport. Year One just don't make race cars.

The current format is like comparing apples to oranges. I suggest that the show to change its format a bit by requiring the teams to build the same car (or cars in same categories) with a limited budget. Then that's a really challenge for the teams and drivers.
          Hubert Young
          KORE 8 Films

Comment

seriously, Ken is the best driver there.

I mean Why is the kid in the Vette even on the show. He really has no soul if he has never done a donut before. Plus How do you get a 14 sec quarter out of a C6 vette? How? I mean if the kid knew how to drive he could get atleast a 13.0 flat out of that car. I just can't belive that some of these drivers have like never done anything else bsides their form of racing. Im only 20 years old and I have done 5 drifting events 7 auto-x's run at the drag strip 4 differnt days, run back roads on dirt (rallyish style i guess)

Im not saying thats alot but I mean how do just stick to one thing only? I am no means the best driver but I bet I could outdrive that kid if we were in the same car.

Comment

That kid is talented but he does everything by the books, which makes him "lesser of a driver". A true driver is one that is dare to try anything to go fast and have an urge to screw around with anything with wheels (even shopping carts! )

Heard that he is from around Sacramento and races for a team in touring cars.
              Hubert Young
              KORE 8 Films

Comment

can this be seen anywhere online like youtube?

Comment

Originally posted by detougE View Post
                  can this be seen anywhere online like youtube?

yea just search forza show

Comment

Originally posted by Hubert Young View Post
                    Ok, so the brakes failed but it was still a legal pass!! A true driver would do whatever it takes win provided the rules allow. Remember Alex Zinardi passed Bryan Herta in the Corkscrew at Laguna in 1996? Ken gave the Vette hellava run! Props to Ken! To be honest, I don't know how that kid in the Vette can manage to let the Z to keep up!

The concept of the show was really cool but they need some more professional teams like LG Motorsport. Year One just don't make race cars.

The current format is like comparing apples to oranges. I suggest that the show to change its format a bit by requiring the teams to build the same car (or cars in same categories) with a limited budget. Then that's a really challenge for the teams and drivers.
                    last time i remember most professional series would have the person cutting corners dq'ed if there was a significant gain (because accidents do happen and you can go off course) i can understand the car is nowhere near as capable as what he was going against but cutting corners like that sure doesn't impress me.

Comment

Interesting show. Go Gushi

Comment

Dan and I were there, but we weren't official members of any teams. They called Dan in at the last minute to tune the 2 350z's (turbonetics referred him to one of the teams as a tuner)...this was the day after the drifting. I didn't get to see the show yet, so I don't know if we made it on or not. They were supposed to give our shop (Batlground) some words on the show. We were only there 1 day.

I met Ken for the first time. He was way cool.

Comment

Just finished watching tonight's show and oh man... can't believe they don't race just because it's a little wet!! And on top of that, just can't stand quitters!!! The driver of the other Z quitted because of one crash? Then the replacing driver quitted because he just can't drive?

And I am so disappointed when half of the drivers were scared to drive in the wet. That just tells you how much heart they have for racing. I love Ken when he said the rain separates the boys from the man... Very well said.
                          Hubert Young
                          KORE 8 Films

Comment

LOl that show is funny watching ken do his thing .

where do they get these drivers lol the only black guy driving and he crashes and quits ! lol wth

Comment

angela cope is hot

Comment

Working...
                              X