No announcement yet.

Forza show on Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a pretty decent show this week. I felt kind of bad about the guy in the Godfather Z who dropped out .... but not so much for the other guy who joined and left after one day. I still dont like that kid in the Corvette. ITS SO OBVIOUS THAT THE ONLY REASON HE WINS RACES IS BECAUSE OF THE CAR AND NOT BECAUSE OF SKILL. I mean LG motorsports has money coming out of every orifice, apparently Lou wanted to win and brought a supercar. The kid has SOME skill but no passion or heart. Racers like that just race to win, if they aren't winning than they aren't having fun. All the other drivers seem cool, especially Clay Dale, guy is a beast just watch him driver and how he does it. Although I do think having Ken in the 350Z is great because it evens out the competition between him and the Corvette.

PS- Angela Cope has a twin sister........ w00t!

Comment

Episode 3:

1 of 6

2 of 6

3 of 6

4 of 6

5 of 6

6 of 6

Comment

So Angela Cope won. Can't believe it because she does not appear she knows what she was doing except the drag racing segment.

Driver-wise, Ken really deserved the win. So as the other two guys in the muscle cars from Year 1. They drove their heart out but plagued with car trouble.

Team-wise, LG deserved the win since they are the only team out there who knows about racing and understands what it takes to win. All the other teams seem to be Mickey Mouse who only knows how to bolt on parts to make cars go fast but have no knowledge of getting the cars prepared for the track.

I was pretty disappointed for Ken who came so close of winning. That Z got so much faster since the first day!

I hope they do another show like that. I am sure it will attract a lot of teams to participate even for as little as $20k winning money.

And how about Bull Run on Spike? There is a S14! Pretty entertaining with all that stunt driving in between legs.
        Hubert Young
        KORE 8 Films

Comment

I was really disappointed at what happened at the end of the show. It seemed like the rest of the events that happened, didn't matter as whoever won the last event won overall.

I would have figured that LG had it in the bag. They had the fastest consistant car, won the time trial.

The Z's improvement with the turbo kit, tire, suspension was huge. From a 14.8 to a 12.1. Thats picking up a bit.

It was a little funny at the end there when no one could really keep their car together for the 15 laps. Road racing is so hard on cars. Just beats them to death.

Comment

Originally posted by tyndago View Post
            I was really disappointed at what happened at the end of the show. It seemed like the rest of the events that happened, didn't matter as whoever won the last event won overall.

I would have figured that LG had it in the bag. They had the fastest consistant car, won the time trial.

The Z's improvement with the turbo kit, tire, suspension was huge. From a 14.8 to a 12.1. Thats picking up a bit.

It was a little funny at the end there when no one could really keep their car together for the 15 laps. Road racing is so hard on cars. Just beats them to death.
            Yea, I know, the rest of competition did not really matter. The $100k is up for everybody's grasp at the end.

15 laps at Road Altanta is a long distance on street cars with bolt on parts really.
            Hubert Young
            KORE 8 Films

Comment

Originally posted by Hubert Young View Post
              So Angela Cope won. Can't believe it because she does not appear she knows what she was doing except the drag racing segment.

Driver-wise, Ken really deserved the win. So as the other two guys in the muscle cars from Year 1. They drove their heart out but plagued with car trouble.

Team-wise, LG deserved the win since they are the only team out there who knows about racing and understands what it takes to win. All the other teams seem to be Mickey Mouse who only knows how to bolt on parts to make cars go fast but have no knowledge of getting the cars prepared for the track.

I was pretty disappointed for Ken who came so close of winning. That Z got so much faster since the first day!

I hope they do another show like that. I am sure it will attract a lot of teams to participate even for as little as $20k winning money.

And how about Bull Run on Spike? There is a S14! Pretty entertaining with all that stunt driving in between legs.
              I wonder whats making 580hp out of the S14? Funny how they pushed the Lambo to run out of gas to take the win

Comment

I actually liked this show. It was interesting to see some driver skill from different drivers. I kind of wish they would have gotten some better guys or more of a variety of backgrounds. Hopefully the first one was enough of a success to attract more sponsors and teams, but I also hope people that are a bit higher in ranks don't show.

I kinda wish Ken would have won, but everyone knew he had the most skill, and the most balls.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
                  I wonder whats making 580hp out of the S14?
                  RB

these words added to make my post appear longer
                  Last edited by BenR; 03-16-2007, 09:39 AM.

Comment

wow ben your thread is really long. i wish mine was that long

Comment

Genetics, some of us were born longer. Maybe you should try a pump?

Comment

Good show I think, Angela deserved the win because
                        1. Her car lasted longer than the others
                        2. She basically drove all out those 15 laps
                        3. SHES HHHHHHAAAAAAAWWWWTTTT!!!!111!!11!

Yea. If they had "Best driver out of whole competition" Ken would get hands down, but too bad the Z decided to stop running. I felt bad for the Year One guys too, great drivers but terrible reliability. LG should get best team prize cause they knew $100,000 was on the line, the other teams seemed to be there just to be there..... but LG was there to win not *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* around, and thats why Lou made that kid cry.

PS- anyone notice that ken got the best quarter mile time? he did a 12.1 i think and the closest anyone got was the challenger with a 12.3.

Comment

I was extremely happy to see Gushi get the top 1/4 mile time with his Z and a Turbonetics turbo kit (shameless plug ). However the road race portion did show how many other areas can get overlooked when adding forced induction to a car. Especially when adding forced induction and a more aggressive tune... Running 15 laps consecutively on a road course can be pretty taxing on a cooling system.

I was really disappointed with the points system on the show though. The ending made every previous event not matter. That is like giving someone a series championship just for winning that last race... I am all for girls in motorsports since I am one myself, but I didn't think Angela and her team proved themselves to be the best pacakge on the show. I did think Angela represented herself well though.

Comment

Originally posted by merritt View Post
                            I was extremely happy to see Gushi get the top 1/4 mile time with his Z and a Turbonetics turbo kit (shameless plug ). However the road race portion did show how many other areas can get overlooked when adding forced induction to a car. Especially when adding forced induction and a more aggressive tune... Running 15 laps consecutively on a road course can be pretty taxing on a cooling system.

I was really disappointed with the points system on the show though. The ending made every previous event not matter. That is like giving someone a series championship just for winning that last race... I am all for girls in motorsports since I am one myself, but I didn't think Angela and her team proved themselves to be the best pacakge on the show. I did think Angela represented herself well though.
                            They would have done better to keep the Z bone stock exept cooling. Ken would still take first in drifting then win the last road race with a healthy car.

Comment

i just wanna say despit e what the results say the lsjuan can nevar lose.

Comment

So what exactly were the rules? I thought the prize money was being awarded to whoever did well throughout the whole show; LG Motorsports should have won with Gushi and Dale's team close behind. How exactly did Cope win? She did poorly in most of the challenges.

Comment

Working...
                                X