No announcement yet.

Pontiac GTO Drift Car Positives.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually the nissan owner was driving a Porsche not a Lexus. People are angry at him for not driving his own car..lol. Well i think gto is a good car for drifting.

Comment

yea I was making it stupid with the lexo thing

Comment

Yea I think the GTO is going to be a great drift car. While yes it is pretty damn heavy out of the box (about 3,750lbs or something) GM isnt going to let it be that heavy. Their probably gonna put a CF or fiberglass hood, fenders, doors, etc. (kinda like what ueno did with his soarer) So the GTO will probably end up maybe like...3,400lbs or so. Considering Nomukens ER34 is about 3,600lbs O_o is that so bad of a weight? haha...the GTO out of the box would be a good drift car...a great one? no...but good. But when modified I think the GTO will be a bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* drift car. Similar with a camaro...stock not that great...modified? pretty damn good.

People think the camaro cant drift because its big and heavy. But actually you can use the weight of the car to your advantage. Like my friends 240 when he comes up to do a long slide drift. He comes up at about 85mph yanks the ebrake and has to constnatly yank the ebrake to keep the car sliding sideways for the long distance. While for my camaro I can come up at 85mph give the ebrake a yank then tap the brakes. And my car will slide the whole way fully sideways without me needing to pull the ebrake or anything. On our mountain road of tantalus I have been able to win drift battles againts 240's and hachis and even grip battles O_o even though the roads are so skinny that once I get sideways my whole car is taking up the whole road haha. Oops I got off topic...anyways what I'm saying is that with the right tuning and the right driver. Anything can be a great drift car. Considering that a huge company like pontiac is backing up the car. They'll have tons of engineers and ofcourse Rhys tuning at it to get it right.

Comment

hachiroku-fc3s, the Pontiac roadster you speak of is the Solstice, which has 170 HP and will start at $20,000. A supercharger will be offered as a dealer installed upgrade but no factory supercharged version has yet been confirmed.

Also, GM's is planning more cars on the Solstice's Kappa RWD platform and 7 (yes 7) new rwd cars on their new Zeta platform (which should include the new Camaro *crosses fingers*).

As for the GTO's worthiness, like others have said, the Holden Monaro has already shown its worth in road racing events. A raced prepped GTO with a driver like Millen at the helm should be very competitive in drifting.

Comment

Weight aside.. I would love to see someone drift an old GTO. I love muscle cars and I love drifting. I think I'm entitled to both.

Comment

Working...
            X