Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOPI DRIFT's first event - Thank you drifters

From Mark Meyers of NOPI Motorsports.

First I would like to thank the Drifting community for your help in putting on our first Pro Drifting event. Many months of planning and promotions went into last weekends event. From our end things seemed to go pretty well. Definately there is room for improvement and rest assured that from here on out, NOPI will always change and evolve to make things better from the drivers, spectators and sponsor's point of view. Yes we do monitor the drifting forums and listen to all the criticism and concerns about NOPI DRIFT.

This last event as you know included the NOPI drag racing series in conjuction with the NOPI DRIFT. The event was very spread out over a huge area. The Next event (Maimi) should be quite different as it will only be a Drift competition. The vendor area and entertainment stage will be next to the Drifting bleachers. It will be a tighter area so there will not be all the walking back and forth to the drift area. I hope to see you there.

Feel free to let us know your thoughts on improving the series.

Thanks again.

Mark Meyers
    800-277-6674
    NOPI Motorsports

NOPI has now achieved something that DriftCar America, World Drift Championships, and many others set out to do and failed. They have successfully thrown their first professional drifting event in the US. The results are in, the winners are paid, and the event is in the books. nobody can take that away from NOPI.

With that, it's time to focus on the next event. Less than 1 month away, in Miami, it will be time to do it all again.

As Mark mentioned - hope to see you there!!

Comment

I like the idea of having drifting and drag racing together. It exposes people to some different aspects of motorsport.

Chris Milano loved the drag racing. He had never seen it before. He was totally fascinated by it. For a minute there, we were going to take the drift cars over and drag race them for some fun. When you have never seen cars do 150, 190 mph in a quarter mile, it is pretty interesting.

Comment

Thanks for having us there.
        Hubert Young
        KORE 8 Films

Comment

I had an awesome time! Thanks for putting it together! As far as improvements, I would appreciate it if I could win next time or a last make top 16 :P

kthnx
          Tracy

Comment

Working...
          X