No announcement yet.

(DRIVERS LIST) FORMULA DRIFT Round #1 (LONG BEACH) April 7, 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly I have seen that the Jasper Engines Supra is up for sale!

http://www.speedforsale.com/viewcarb.php?vid=152

Comment

Hmm. look what i found...

http://formulad.com/contact.php

Alex Pfeiffer Judge
      Ken Takahashi Judge
      Andy Yen Judge

Comment

Originally posted by Octagon View Post
        Jim, I can only say that this is the kind of series health that money can't buy (though I'm sure everyone would like a bigger purse if a sponsor's willing to shell out ).

Throughout the off-season, folks have been wondering what D1 and NOPI would do to the strength of America's Premier Drift Series (feel free to use that tagline, it's available relatively free of charge). While I give great credit to NOPI for actually getting their series off the ground - a big stumbling block for many pretenders to the crown - and for being willing to admit that there's a lot left to be done, Formula Drift remains on top with the cars and the stars.

Losing RSR is a blow to the series because of the instant recognition of that red & white, but with the proliferation of teams ready and able to run to the front, I think that lament will be short-lived. I do hope that other long-standing entries like the Jasper Engines Supra and the the Monstor S14 have successful years so that their programs won't go on the endangered list.

I do hope, though, that we get everyone on the media staff 100% briefed on the driver and car changes in the off-season, because it's been upheaval after upheaval.
        Thanks for the endorsement!

And to add, we are adding more prize money both from FD directly and from FD sponsors. We are offering $11,000 per event in prize money and $20,000 in Championship prize purse. Castrol is sponsoring the Syntec Cup which adds another $20,000 to the Championship purse. Tires.com/America's Tire/Discount Tire is offering $10,000 for the winner of the Triple Crown bonus. Falken, Maxxis, UTI, ACT, Exedy, and others are providing tons of contingency prize money. I will post the full break down later this week.

I wish we could provide a more detailed driver roster/sponsor/vehicle list. We are getting new information everyday. So we'll do what we can to keep everyone updated with driver, team and car combos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim @ FD View Post
          Thanks for the endorsement!

And to add, we are adding more prize money both from FD directly and from FD sponsors. We are offering $11,000 per event in prize money and $20,000 in Championship prize purse. Castrol is sponsoring the Syntec Cup which adds another $20,000 to the Championship purse. Tires.com/America's Tire/Discount Tire is offering $10,000 for the winner of the Triple Crown bonus. Falken, Maxxis, UTI, ACT, Exedy, and others are providing tons of contingency prize money. I will post the full break down later this week.

I wish we could provide a more detailed driver roster/sponsor/vehicle list. We are getting new information everyday. So we'll do what we can to keep everyone updated with driver, team and car combos.
          Steppin up the payouts!! Can't go wrong with that...

got info on the Syntec Cup? is it similar to the Tires.com Triple Crown?

Comment

The Syntec Cup is basically the FD Championship bonus. Castrol is offering an additional $20,000 to our Championship prize purse.

Comment

So, it'll be around $40,000+ the championship. Holy, that's a lot. Glad to see FD stepping it up!

Comment

Can we see who will be doing the TEAM DRIFT on April 15th?

Comment

is fd still with scca and vice versa?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters View Post
                    is fd still with scca and vice versa?

I heard not.

Comment

Working...
                    X