ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HUBINETTE Piloting Mopar Dodge Charger SRT8 (April 7th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUBINETTE Piloting Mopar Dodge Charger SRT8 (April 7th)

Hübinette of Team Mopar® Begins Formula Drift Title Defense Piloting Mopar Dodge Charger SRT8

• Formula Drift 2007 pro championship series kicks off in Long Beach, Calif. on April 7
    • Hübinette remarks on the new season ahead and his Mopar Dodge Charger SRT8
    • Hübinette fast facts
    • Event details

Center Line, Mich. — Reigning Formula Drift champion, Samuel Hübinette of Team Mopar®, will have a new look when the Formula Drift 2007 pro championship series kicks off in Long Beach, Calif., on April 7. The “Crazy Swede” begins his title defense with the Formula D debut of his much-anticipated Mopar Dodge Charger SRT8.

In the three years since the Formula D series was formed, Hübinette has claimed two championship crowns. Hübinette is a definite threat in his title defense, and while confident, he’s also well aware that the talent-laden drifters on the Formula D circuit will not allow him a title repeat without a hard-fought battle.

Hübinette remarks on the new season ahead and his Mopar Dodge Charger SRT8
    “There are just so many drivers that can win at any given event,” said Hübinette, who took the top spot on the podium three times in 2006 – at Long Beach, Chicago and New Jersey. “I had such a tight battle for the championship. All the drivers on the circuit are fierce competitors, which is good. I know I always have to be on the top of my game when I compete.”

“I’m sure it will take some time for me to shake out the Mopar Dodge Charger SRT8, but I’m confident the NuFormz Racing team and [owner and crew chief] Shaun Carlson will have us right where we were last year,” said Hübinette. “I competed with the Charger in another drifting series last December, and the power and sound of the Charger’s 392 HEMI® engine is awesome. We’ve made some adjustments, we’re going to test again before Long Beach, and we will be ready to go.”

“Samuel Hübinette is truly one of the stars of Team Mopar,” said Kevin Miller, Senior Manager, Brand Strategy & Mopar Performance. “Mopar has been involved in drifting since the motor sport’s U.S. debut. The Mopar brand has been there since the beginning. As the sport has grown, so has the recognition of Mopar as one of the leaders in the drifting scene. That has a lot to do with the success Sam has achieved. With Sam behind the wheel of the Mopar Dodge Charger SRT8 in 2007, it’s sure to be another successful and exciting season for Team Mopar.”

Hübinette Fast Facts
    • Has never finished lower than second in the Formula D points battle, taking home the crown in both the series’ inaugural season in 2004 as well as 2006 – he posted a runner-up finish in 2005.
    • Has won eight of 17 Formula D events since the series was formed.
    • In 2006, scored podium finishes in five of seven events.
    • Has 10 career podium finishes in his Formula D career.
    • Sponsor BFGoodrich has recently featured Hübinette and the Mopar Dodge Charger SRT8 in a nationally televised ad campaign – his car sports BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW tires.
    • On his own time, his personal car is also a Dodge Charger SRT8.

Event Details
    Round One of the Formula Drift 2007 pro championship series kicks off in Long Beach on April 7. The media day and practice is April 6. For ticket and event information, visit Formula D’s new Web site at www.formuladrift.com. Drifting fans can download podcasts of race action. ESPN2 will now provide coverage of the 2007 Formula D season. For info on ESPN2, log on to www.espn.com.

70 Years of Mopar
    When Chrysler bought Dodge in 1928, the need for a dedicated parts manufacturer, supplier and distribution system to support the growing enterprise led to the formation of the Chrysler Motor Parts Corporation (CMPC) in 1929.

Originally used in the 1920s, Mopar (a simple contraction of the words MOtor and PARts) was trademarked for a line of antifreeze products in 1937. It was also widely used as a moniker for the CMPC. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960s – the muscle car era. The Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth “package cars” equipped with special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of “Special Parts” for super stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use.

Today, the Chrysler Group’s Global Service & Parts division is responsible for the manufacturing and distribution of nearly 250,000 authentic Mopar replacement parts, components and accessories for Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge vehicles sold around the world. To assure quality, reliability and durability, all Mopar parts and accessories are designed in strict adherence to DaimlerChrysler engineering standards.

# # #

ON THE INTERNET
    Visit DaimlerChrysler’s Media Services Web site at http://www.media.daimlerchrysler.com for additional DaimlerChrysler news. For additional information about Mopar, log on to http://www.mopar.com or http://www.moparspeed.com.
Working...
X