ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kinda random question for u rx7 folks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kinda random question for u rx7 folks...

im about to buy a 89 rx7... and i heard about the flooding problem that rx7s sometimes have... my friend had the idea of using a turbo timer to let the car get up to its temps so it doesnt flood...

would that work? much appreciated! and hi! im new...

Hi

I dunno about the turbo timer idea.

but u can

1. Buy an rtek 7 if its a turbo II www.pocketlogger.com That way you have the fcd, an unflooder and it disables the aws. Im not sure if they've made one for the series 5 yet though.

2. Hook a switch up to the egi so that you can disable it in car. That would allow you to unflood the car buy cranking with the fuse disabled instead of popping the fuse out when it floods.

3. Have your injectors cleaned and balanced at rc

4. live with it? haha
    Last edited by P1STON2ROTARY; 02-15-2004, 02:35 PM.

Comment

haha interesting... thanks! good to know...

Comment

Yeah, injectors cleaned and seals replaced is almost mandatory. The switch is a good idea. Turbo timer would prob help, but TII 13bs have less flooding problems than NAs anyway. Switch would be cheapest and effective, turbo timer would prob help and not expensive but not free either, injectors cleaned and seals replaced is a must (at least if you have flooding problems).

Comment

I did the switch thing. great theft deterrent if you hide the switch like I did. I call that little prob the "hot start syndrome"

Comment

a turbo timer is not going to help your hot start problem. usually the hot start is fomr leaking injectors. what happens is that old worn dirty injectors once ran for a while will leak when the car is shut off. what this does is floods the engine. thus giving a hard prolem when starting when the engine is hot. pulling the egi fues clears the in the engine givng you a chance to start the leaking injectors.

Comment

ohhhh.. ok.. thanks for fillin me in enrique... good to know why exactly stuff like that happens

Comment

Hot start is also a sign of a engine thats starting to go.

Comment

Flooding!!

Here are a few tips i learned to unflood my FC non turbos..
                  Never had this problem on my TURBO II's butni think it's the same for them all.
                  OH YEA TURBO TIMER WONT WORK..
                  Tip's

Yea your injectors could be leaking excess fuel pressure left in the lines while your car is stopped..Causing the engine to flood.
                  Yes get them cleaned or buy some new or rebuilt ones.Depending on your wallet!!

Also it could be that you have dirty Spark plugs and the spark, is not strong enough to get ur car going..Also yes a worn rotary can be the culprit..As compression goes down it will get harder to start the motor..Here is a link to a tech site that should help you with your rotary problems =)
                  http://rotaryresurrection.com/flooding.html
                  sorry just a little lazy to write my own =)
                  Also here is a picture of my Leading Plugs and My trailing to the far left!! after 4 months!! advanced timing ( 3 degrees)on a gutted cats 13b non turbo..
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by JunpoweR; 02-16-2004, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X