Favorite Blow Off Valves...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Blow Off Valves...

MY FAVORITE IS THE HKS SUPER SIQUENTIAL... pshhhhhhHHHHHHH!!!

THA BLITZ DUAL DRIVE OFF THAT ONE GUYS SUBARU (RUDY, YOU KNOW WHO IM TALKING ABOUT... THA OWNER OF THA MOTORSPORTS SHOP IN LIFE) HIS SOUNDS LIKE A PICACHU... (SOUNDS JUST LIKE THAT NAME... PICACHOOOOOO)

Attached Files

Comment

my favorite is the one that sounds like a butterfly

Comment

i gotta agree with you. I love the way the ssqv sounds.

Comment

yea, thats my favorite too..

what about tha one that sounds like a lazer?

Comment

you guys do know that you get a blow off valve for function and not sound right?

blow off valves can actually make a car slower. Upgrading a BOV on a turbo car is only really necessary if you are running higher amounts of boost. Changing a bov on a stock turbo car will most likely slow it down because stock, they vent back into the intake and when the AFM doesnt get the extra charge, the car will run rich and bog...making it less responsive when shifting and getting on and off the gas....quite a few turbo cars dont even have a BOV and are faster without one since the wastegate efficiently does all the work....

with that said, I prefer a TIAL bov.

Comment

The one that sounds like a laser is the Greddy Type S. I only sounds like that if the spring tension is set very light and you are running high boost. I am installing an A'pexi Twin chamber tomorrow. Too bad you can't recirculate w/ it like HKS or Greddy though. I only bought it 'cause it was really cheap for me. I guess I'll tell you how it sounds/runs in a week or so when I get my harness back. I wish they would hury up already-I am dying for boost here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Sparkle
                you guys do know that you get a blow off valve for function and not sound right?

blow off valves can actually make a car slower. Upgrading a BOV on a turbo car is only really necessary if you are running higher amounts of boost. Changing a bov on a stock turbo car will most likely slow it down because stock, they vent back into the intake and when the AFM doesnt get the extra charge, the car will run rich and bog...making it less responsive when shifting and getting on and off the gas....quite a few turbo cars dont even have a BOV and are faster without one since the wastegate efficiently does all the work....

with that said, I prefer a TIAL bov.
                I'm new on the boards here and I've been readin' some peoples' posts, and I'm glad to hear informed "real-world" responses like this Sparkle!!! Yah I'm using a Greddy TypeS right now simply because it works great for low boost T3's, no complications for the time being!

Comment

i have always wanted to hear a TIAL....anyone got an example!? i also wouldnt mind knowing what an ARC one sounds like....otherwise, i have heard most of da ones u have all mentioned, some are better than others. its all personal preference i suppose. i just want sumptin not many ppl have heard.

right now i hav an oldskool saab/audi BOV on my car, hehe, hey, for $20 it does da job! and makes a nice clean pppssshhhh, quite deep sounding, not high pitched. but i think it is leaking...
                  upgrade time for me, haha. the wastegate is have from an audi5000 works wicked! but yah, sparkle is rite.

Comment

Working...
                  X