No announcement yet.

Can someone help me!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dude most s13 silvias have sr20's in them so you dont need to do the swap. and thats going to be real $$$ to get it street legal so youd be better off just doing the swap in a 240 and just put the silvia front on it. but if you got the money that would be cool to have a RHD car over here.

Comment

yah i want rhd i dont think i will get it street legal but might for about a grand after all cost the one i have came wit a ka so

Comment

Man you need to REALLY research this. Both of you before you lose your money.

Do either of you have any idea how to go about doing this? Yea I am sure you know how to buy the car but do you know how to get the car after it is shipped and is sitting on the dock? It isn't NEAR as easy as you think.

You don't just buy the car, get it shipped here and pick it up. You buy it, get it shipped, provide the holder of the crate with an affidavite from one of the VERY few legalizers in the states showing that the car is going to them for legalization post haste, right away, like roadrunner style. No slip, no car. Oh and the people you bought it from are not going to refund your money if you didn't arrange proper legalization. You are just sol. They will turn it around and ship it right back and you lose.

Case in point. I know of an importer, a BIG one who I won't mention that sold my friend some coilovers for a Hachi. The clip was shipped to the port. When it got there it wasn't a clip but a whole car. Not their fault but it didn't matter, if they wanted the parts that they paid for (cause you pay for all of this up front) they had to do the following. The car got shipped back (at their expense) to Japan, had to be cut up and then shipped back (also at their expense). So that cars parts ended up costing them twice the amount.

You can also use it for race only. But this means NO street driving, NO running to the lot to show your friends and NO driving it to the gas station to get gas. What fun is that? And it only gets to stay in-conus (In CONtinental US) for one year and away it goes.

You can't sneak them in the country unless you know someone deep on the inside at the port of call. Sometimes one slips by but it is REALLY rare and its getting rarer by the day. This used to be called the Grey market and it was pretty easy to get one brought over and done. Alot of old Lambo's are grey market cars. Not that way anymore.

Now onto legalizing it. You HAVE to legalize it, if you don't and you are caught, you will get fined heavily, your car taken and destroyed. If you swap vins and get caught, you will go to jail, your car taken and destroyed. It just ain't as easy as you are thinking. I doubt your parents are going to pay for your first car if it can't be registered, has to be shipped from another country, can't be driven on the street or has to be legalized for WELL over 1000 bucks to drive it on the street.

This isn't a flame, It disturbs me when 15 year olds talk about importing J-spec vehicles over here without all the facts. It makes you look like you are 15 years old. If it was as easy as you think it is, we all would have em.
        Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 02-17-2004, 10:17 PM.

Comment

wow, owned.

Comment

Thats funny i have all the papers it will be legalized my parents are helping out but i have most of the money so i cant drive it on the streets hello where i live antioch cops arent everywhere they we only check are plates if we are going over the speed limit or anything bad yes i ameant they might run the plates when they see it right hand drive!

Please help me get info on legalizeing a import please i need links info a.s.a.p plz!!!

Comment

If you are in the US :

This is information about importing the JDM car into the US.

As you may know, all the Japanese specifications vehicles (JDM car) are Right Hand Drive. Unfortunately, it is difficult to import JDM cars into the US at present except the 25 years or older model. It is because you have to obtain the approval from the DOT and the EPA in order to import the JDM car and it needs to legalize a car when it will reach to the US port.

Let me advise you that unless you wish to present crash test data for any Right Hand Drive car, it cannot legally be imported to the US. This is prohibitively expensive as a vehicle must be crashed to obtain the data, and we do not support the crash test data. Also the JDM car probably do not meet the US emission standard. And after 1996 models probably need to install the OBD2 system in order to pass the emission standard.

For your information, here is a link of the US importing information.
              EPA : http://www.epa.gov/otaq/imports/quikover.htm
              DOT : http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/
              US customs : http://www.customs.ustreas.gov/xp/cgov/import/

NOTE : We J's Garage Export do not support any import procedure. The buyer is responsible for any necessary procedures, or any transfers, or any modifications for them to import the car.

Found the info my self i guess its 240sx for me and a clip does anyone kno of clips in the us cailfornia???S13 clip!

Comment

Wise choice grasshopper. Now you are learning. You will be able to have a nice car, drive it on the roads and won't pay near as much as you would importing. Importing J-spec car's is a rich mans hobby. It ain't for the laymen.

Look around on the site, there is alot of info on who does what and where. Alot of links to parts places and alot of members run their own shops.

Glad you saw the light. Good luck with your car when you get it. People on here will be more than happy to help you if you help yourself first and you are well on the way to the right track.

Comment

i thought it was a ca18 in 88-?? 180sxs...and how much is this gonna cost you? cuz it might be cheaper to get a non jdm car with the same vin code but left hand drive and a KA...then an sr20det powered(or whatever) s13...i would seriously think of getting something cheap for my first car...unless ur parents pay for it all and then id go for it! i might get an r33 gts-t for 4,000...but i live in japan...big difference..and i have a job

Comment

Ghost your a great guy for setting this kid straight.

Listen S13 Drifter. (arent you the guy who challanged me yesterday?) Just buy your self a 240sx. When you feel like you want more power, then consider a sr20 swap, even a front end swap if you like Just take it one step at a time and you will be alright. Trust me if your 15 and havent done any kindof sport driving, (if you've done track racing then ill assume you know your way around) A 240sx stock with a ka is more then enough car for you until you get used to it.

Just do it one step at a time and becareful.

Comment

Hey S13Drifter, you said your from Antioch, but on yuor info it's say's L.A. So I was thinking is there a part in L.A called Antioch or do you you live in Antioch in Norcal. I was just wondering b/c I live by a city that's called Antioch in the 925 area.

Comment

Here is a company out of Calgary, Canada.
                        I know it's a ways away from all you but you asked of importing companys.

www.jns-imports.com

Comment

www.batfa.com

Comment

Working...
                          X