ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOPI DRIFT - Round 7 -CHICAGO, IL -CANCELLED!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOPI DRIFT - Round 7 -CHICAGO, IL -CANCELLED!!!

NOPI Motorsports is sad to announce the cancellation of the NOPI Drift event in Chicago this weekend August 18th and 19th. NOPI has received notification this morning from Toyota Park that they will not make the facility available for the NOPI Drift event in Chicago this weekend. NOPI believes that it has a valid contract with Anschutz Chicago Soccer Stadium, LLC, the owner of the facility, and the reasons for their refusal to allow the event to take place are still not clear. NOPI has instructed its attorney to take any and all action necessary to hold them accountable for their actions in refusing to honor their contract with NOPI. "We have been negotiating with Toyota Park since last October and they have even been selling tickets on their website. People from all over the country were scheduled to come to this event and we have invested tens of thousands of dollars in up front costs.", stated Michael Meyers, President of NOPI Motorsports, LLC.
    T. Michael Martin, attorney for NOPI Motorsports, stated "We believe that we clearly have a valid agreement with the facility and their refusal to allow the event is a breach of that agreement and we will hold them accountable for their actions. NOPI will suffer serious financial losses because of this action and we take any and all actions necessary, including the filing of a lawsuit, to recoup those losses and the damage done to the reputation of NOPI Motorsports, LLC". Martin continued, "We believe that this refusal to allow the event may very well be political and has nothing to do with the terms of the agreement entered into".

This is something very new to NOPI, as they have never encountered anything like this in their history. We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you.

Please stay tuned for more info on the NOPI Drift series and how NOPI will handle the points leading into the NOPI Drift finals held at the NOPI Nationals show in Atlanta. If you have any questions regarding this, please email Caleb Garrett at caleb@nopi.com or Glenn Woods at glennw@nopi.com.

ARGH

I was looking forward to the windy city

Comment

Boo! That sucks. I know a lot of people were coming out to drive in this. Good luck with everything guys.

Comment

I figured this was going to happen quite some time ago... Sucks for the people who are already here. Like justin and drift brigade, but for those that are here we have an event over at RA if you still feel like driving.

clubfr.net

Comment

Originally posted by kidynomite View Post
          I figured this was going to happen quite some time ago...

clubfr.net
          Is there something you know about why this happenend?

Comment

That sucks, good luck.

However, our event this weekend in Rockingham, NC is still on for those that want a chance to win $5000 in cash prizes, $2500 in contingency, and a direct invite to the Pro-Am Championship Event in November.

Comment

I know a couple of drivers were already talking about going up to the Drift Mania event in Toronto.

Definitely some good options out there for the drivers who want to go out and drive this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by NOPIMAN View Post
                Is there something you know about why this happenend?
                Not necessarily, I just live here and have tried with Toyota Park, new management is weird, and they don't really seem to be willing to work with anyone. As well as the changes in dates, I heard of you guys trying to change venues quite some time ago.

This is why we decided to not cancel our event.

Comment

You guys should show up anyway and just parking lot drift anyway. Theres no that many cops to run from

Comment

yea you guys should come out to Toronto if your already in the area. Drift Mania looks like it's gonna be a wild one......free admission should bring in a ton of fans.

Comment

So i was able to only go to the LA event will i still be able to run in the ATL in SEPT ? since no Chicago ?

Tommy Suell

Comment

Originally posted by RAM GARAGE View Post
                        So i was able to only go to the LA event will i still be able to run in the ATL in SEPT ? since no Chicago ?

Tommy Suell
                        Press Release will be out shortly and all your answers will be in there.

http://www.nopidrift.com

Comment

You guys should totally come to Toronto this weekend. DA's goina be there over the weekend with their cars.
                          Last edited by Special K; 08-14-2007, 09:20 PM. Reason: Sry didnt mean to hijack the thread...heard from Tony some of the guys might be interested in coming

Comment

Drift Alliance With Rare Spec Cars!!!!!!!

Omg Byyyaaaa!!!!!!!

I Wish I Was Canadian...

Comment

haha holy threadjack batman

Comment

Working...
                              X