No announcement yet.

NICK HOGAN Injured In Car Accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone delete or close this thread before the stupidity goes any further.

Ghost...do your..eh...ghosty thing and end the madness

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of both people involved

Comment

glad that nick is ok and I hope that his friend fully recovers

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
          Someone delete or close this thread before the stupidity goes any further.

Ghost...do your..eh...ghosty thing and end the madness

I think it's fine. Long as people keep it respectful it will be fine. If it gets loopy again, I will.

Comment

my thoughts and prayers are with both families involved and i wish both guys a quick and full recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetcarz02 View Post
              Slide America sends it's wishes to Nick and the family for a quick recovery!
              If you read CNN instead of just making assumptions, the police have said their was no evidence of drag racing or drifting at this point in time.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...ash/index.html
              According to http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...ash/index.html

"Shelor said there was no evidence of drag racing or "drifting" in Sunday's wreck."

Then again,

"Bollea, .... was driving his yellow Toyota Supra .... when the car's rear tires hit the raised median, police said.... "

That's from http://www.people.com/people/article...053359,00.html

Now why would both rear tires hit the raised median if he wasn't drifting? How does that happen if the car's not in a drift?

Comment

Originally posted by TMZ
                Law enforcement sources tell TMZ -- God forbid -- worst case scenario, Nick Hogan could face charges of gross vehicular manslaughter, if there's proof that alcohol, excessive speeding or drag racing were involved. The maximum sentence is 15 years in prison.
                Play with fire... get burned.
                Let's hope theres no fatality.
                And If there is, god forbid, maybe his celebrity status will let him play the get out of jail free card.

- celebrities.

Comment

Originally posted by Double M Star View Post
                  And If there is, god forbid, maybe his celebrity status will let him play the get out of jail free card.

- celebrities.
                  That is uncalled for.

Who cares who it is. Lets not hope anyone has to fight for their lives.

Comment

- celebrities.
                    That's not very nice.
                    Keep it up and Ghost of Deluth will burn you.
                    Seriously, look what he did to himself after just dropping a few forks while doing the dishes. He's a mad man, MAD MAN!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by soultron View Post
                      That's not very nice.
                      Keep it up and Ghost of Deluth will burn you.
                      Seriously, look what he did to himself after just dropping a few forks while doing the dishes. He's a mad man, MAD MAN!!!!!

HAHA I haven't seen that photo in a long time.

Comment

maybe his celebrity status will let him play the get out of jail free card.
                        If anything gets him a "get out of jail free card", it'll be his age.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhoad Racing View Post
                          If anything gets him a "get out of jail free card", it'll be his age.
                          Maybe in Florida... just ma bey

but in so cal, a minor does something like this... he would be done for sure

But oh well, we all know whats gonna happen. Don't care if he gets a out of jail free car. My concern is that nopi and FD treats this like any other athletic association would.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                            Maybe in Florida... just ma bey

but in so cal, a minor does something like this... he would be done for sure

But oh well, we all know whats gonna happen. Don't care if he gets a out of jail free car. My concern is that nopi and FD treats this like any other athletic association would.
                            They won't more than likely. Right now Drifting is so new in the US and scrabbling to find it's niche. Sure it's been going on now for years, but most people have no clue what it is. Ask your random guy on the street what Drifting is, he won't have a clue until you say "Car sliding", then one of 3 things will be said.

1. Yea, I seen that on Speed.
                            2. Nope, still no clue.
                            3. Hulks kid does that right?

Up until this episode, Nick Hogan brought exposure to the sport that helped it out greatly. Sure he's not the best driver out there by a long shot but he is probably most recognized out of all of them by the masses of people out there. Surely not by Drifters themselves or anyone that knows the sport. But remember, probably 90% of Americans don't know the sport and have zero clue who a single Drifter is past Nick Hogan. As the sport grows, this will change. But right now, it's the truth.

To put it much simpler. JR's commercial for car wax. Nobody outside of a small group of people knows who that is. But 90% of those people know who Nick Hogan is because of his father. Thats what brings attention to the sport. It would be a bad decision on Formula D to throw that away I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Motdyn-Ls1fd View Post
                              That is uncalled for.
                              How is THAT uncalled for?
                              Nobody is happy there is a life on the line.
                              For you to assume that is what is being spoken of, is uncalled for.

His celebrity status, however...

Most people "polled on the street" didn't even realize Hulk had a son...And those that did, confused him for the daughter who's career he's buying.

I agree, FD and NOPI should have a ruling on the status of his license. More people know Kid Hogan now ... as that dumb little rich kid who wrecked his car racing on the street, than anything else.

I'm just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth View Post
                                To put it much simpler. JR's commercial for car wax. Nobody outside of a small group of people knows who that is. But 90% of those people know who Nick Hogan is because of his father. Thats what brings attention to the sport. It would be a bad decision on Formula D to throw that away I think.
                                You have to think about the negative press though, because when this is all said and done (hopefully with everyone healthy)...when Nick goes back to drifting (if he wants to come back) its going to get a ton of attention in the Media.

Kind of like if Michael Vick ever comes back to the NFL. Of course it wont be on as large of a scale exposure wise but there will be a light shone on it for sure.

I think NOPI should take some sort of diciplinary action like suspension from the first round next season or maybe just "probation." It doesn't have to be anything serious just something "official." So when the media tracks in on this it will make NOPI look a little bit more serious.

However this should only be done if its OFFICIALLY AND LEGALLY PROVEN that he was driving wrecklessly. Before you flame me Im aware that the pictures make that seem obvious...but it would be wrong for NOPI or Formula D to take diciplinary action just based on how it looked.

Again I use the Vick example. The team didn't suspend him until he officially plead guilty. They couldn't do it a minute sooner for legal reasons.

Anyway thats my two cents. Im still just hoping that the other guy makes it out ok.
                                Last edited by MonkeySlide; 08-30-2007, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X