• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^
    Main Entry: 2pon·tif·i·cate
    Pronunciation: pän-'ti-f&-"kAt
    Function: intransitive verb
    Inflected Form(s): -cat·ed; -cat·ing
    Etymology: Medieval Latin pontificatus, past participle of pontificare, from Latin pontific-, pontifex
    1 a : to officiate as a pontiff b : to celebrate pontifical mass
    2 : to speak or express opinions in a pompous or dogmatic way

I prefer bloviate over pontificate, but to each his own.

Ghost, shoulda put one of them reliable Volvo motors in it. I could hook you up with a jet engine if you want, I'm sure there's a few of those lying around.

Comment

this guy up there... has his head in the clouds...
      Attached Files

Comment

Ouch, I really feel for you man... I havent had an engine go on me, especially in such a beautiful car, but I have had coolant problems, and the rest of the car fall apart around the engine. Ive talked to a guy from Rotorsports Racing, he sounds helpful, name was Rusty... heres the engine site

http://www.rotorsportsracing.com/per...ng/engines.htm

and mazdatrix has a page

http://www.mazdatrix.com/engmain.htm

I havent seen any DIY kits, but i havent really been looking for them either, so i dont know about prices...
        Just a fellow 13B-er (wishing i had the twin turbos...) tryin to help out

Comment

Yea I knew the engine was bad. Wouldn't matter if I got the air bubbles out or not, it would just pump em right in there from teh combustion.

Thanks everyone and if you see one lying around, let me know. I am getting parts together to buid mine. Gonna give it a shot.

ought to be quite a show.

Comment

You want to be original don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cat

You want to be original don't you?
              That's my new turbo system.

We all know how hard it is to keep supras and rx7s running at top condition.

But like me you just can't discribe the feeling you get when your out cruiseing in the re-built motor. although you baby it you can't help but punch it every now an then.
              Last edited by emission; 02-20-2004, 02:31 AM.

Comment

It's a sad day when the vette can out do the ghost.
                sad indeed.
                pontificationary.

Comment

this just water coolant problem? or oil lubrication problem? no clue about rotorys but if its just water/coolant and the motor's toast !

i like my straight 4

Comment

Damn Sorry to hear about the loss, Ghost. A friend of mine just lost her engine due to coolant problems.... Her moron Neighbor told her that green stuff leaking onto the driveway was, and i quote "Air conditioning Fluid"

Good luck on the rebuild man!

Comment

Good luck to you Ghost. We all feel for you man. My 240sx has a cracked block, so I am there with you.

Comment

Yea it's toasted darker than burnt toast. It's gonna be a couple months before I am able to attempt a rebuild. So she gonna sit in the driveway and contemplate the error of her ways. She won't do it to me again, I am the boss.

Yea it's a coolant/engine problem. With Rotaries, once you lose a coolant seal, it's all over.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cat
                          ^
                          Main Entry: 2pon·tif·i·cate
                          Pronunciation: pän-'ti-f&-"kAt
                          Function: intransitive verb
                          Inflected Form(s): -cat·ed; -cat·ing
                          Etymology: Medieval Latin pontificatus, past participle of pontificare, from Latin pontific-, pontifex
                          1 a : to officiate as a pontiff b : to celebrate pontifical mass
                          2 : to speak or express opinions in a pompous or dogmatic way

I prefer bloviate over pontificate, but to each his own.

Ghost, shoulda put one of them reliable Volvo motors in it. I could hook you up with a jet engine if you want, I'm sure there's a few of those lying around.

'...bloviate over pontificate' is my new name for my nonexistant band.

Comment

Glad I can be of service...

I still think the jet powered FD is the way to go.

Comment

you can have my ka24, did you see that dyno graph of a turbo ka earlier? lots of power. Plus some guy is selling a turbo kit... so lets say i let my 180k+ mile KA go for about... oh.... 2000? or you can trade me a Rb25det for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X